My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
A Cas2 programmer it is then, I've seen them on Ebay for around £35, but tell me something, I've heard you can update your cam via a laptop. Is that difficult to do and do you need funcards for that option?

np58re

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
hispasat
T-E-E-N-A said:
Hi guys, I've recently set up my diseqc motor and I am receiving quite a few satellites, but I have a question about Cams. I am a total beginner as far as cams are concerned, but I thought it was time to try them out. My question is, what cam and card would I need to receive channels like Fox, Fox life, AXN on Hispasat? I have a 2CI 0 GBsat receiver. I need to know what cam? What card and what programmer? The whole Cam thing frightens me, cos it seems so difficult. I know you guys know what you are talking about. Thanks in advance. :-doh!

You need to load ALL17 flash that has the latest codes for those channels.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T-E-E-N-A said:
A Cas2 programmer it is then, I've seen them on Ebay for around £35, but tell me something, I've heard you can update your cam via a laptop. Is that difficult to do and do you need funcards for that option?

You can, but I've never done it, so can't say what's involved. I think it all comes down to laptop compatibility. What laptop do you have?

Might save you 35 squid if you can get it to work...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I believe something like the Matrix UCAS Loader works with a some laptops. Don't have one myself, so can't help there.

Llew

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
You can, but I've never done it, so can't say what's involved. I think it all comes down to laptop compatibility. What laptop do you have?

Might save you 35 squid if you can get it to work...

My Sister has an E machines laptop, Windows XP, don't know the spec, my Brother has a Sony laptop Windows 98. I just thought I could try that as an option, cheers for the link Llew.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Well I got my Matrix Rev Cam yesterday and I can unlock most of TV Cabo for now and a few channels on Hotbird 13.0E, Although the Multivision channels open, there is no sound at all. I may make the most of it while it works. I'm glad I got it now, it will keep me occupied.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Llew said:
Could try a rescan of the Multi channels, or if your receiver allows, check the audio PIDS (APIDS) against those shown here -

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/tps.html

Llew

Just tried that Llew, you can only change the PIDS before you scan and when I do, it just comes up with 1 channel called user channel, if you keep it at Auto PID all the settings are 8191. I rescanned them but they were just the same. I probably won't be able to fix the problem. Not to worry, thanx for your help anyway.