Total Newbie (am I in the correct section?)

PhilipO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing yet :p
My Location
Scotland
Thanks guys. One last line of questioning though :) ... what cost should I be looking at for twin LNBs and a dish? Is there a brand I should be looking at? Should I go down the twin lnb or motorised route? Do I need a professional to install it?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
PhilipO said:
Thanks guys. One last line of questioning though :) ... what cost should I be looking at for twin LNBs and a dish?

depends on what kind of quality you're looking at £50 should cover an 80cm dish. £15 per lnb say. or £25 for a monoblock http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-INVERTO-0-3dB-MONOBLOCK-SINGLE-LNB_W0QQitemZ5796143523QQ

PhilipO said:
Is there a brand I should be looking at?

maybe, but look for the lowest noise figures (0.3 is better than a 0.6)

i've had good service from my humax lnbs, which seem very cheap, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Humax-0-3-db-LNB-LOOK_W0QQitemZ5795570625 but do the job for me, i've not seem them reviewed anywhere....

PhilipO said:
Should I go down the twin lnb or motorised route?

dear boy, this is entirely your decisions, a motor will give you endless possibilities to hunt around for news feeds, go west go east.... it depends on what eaxctly YOU want from your setup.

PhilipO said:
Do I need a professional to install it?

it depends on your DIY prowess, if you've a keen interest in learning and a little practical experience, DIY is a lot cheaper, sometimes it can be hard to find an installer who knows how to install a whole motor, since most installers cope with fixed 28.2E sly installations. with patience and guidance from members of this forum, you can do it your self - plenty have done so..

-cts