total novice to satelite

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
right i have installed satelite and tachomate 1500 but have few ??? the tachomate has conax embeded cam . what does that do . also wich sytem is beter to use usal or disq mine motor uses both but chich is best . also is there anywhay of getting rid of my sky digy box and use tacho unit . ive tried my subcription card on tacho but no joy

thanks

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the technomate 1500 doesn't have conax embedded , its just got a card reader that will read any of the encryptions except sky uk cards

for your sky uk card to work you will need a dragon cam and to put the sky card back in the sky digibox for it to keep getting the keep alive signal

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
ive been told by the company i purchsed unit from that has conax patched cam .just wanted to know what it does

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
arh they patched the reciever then in that case it will open any channels in conax encryption or allow you to use conax card in it

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
then in that case it will open any channels in conax encryption

Yes but, only if the keys are known.
Currently there aren't any public keys for any conax package. :(

L:)

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
i have a dragon cam on order but what else do i need to view incrited channels or where i can get card for it ;);););) pm would be great

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
The technomate when patched will give you the same as a Dragon cam will.
The Digitalb package is in conax and on 16E, but you will need to purchase a card for it from a supplier. As mentioned conax packages are secure for the moment.

Rgds

L.:)

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
wich setting is best disq or usals

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
UniversalSAtelliteLocatingSystem is an extension of the DigitalsatelliteeqquipmentControl system, but requires a compatible motor and receiver, there is little difference between the two once you have the satellites set up.

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
i have a few issues with my setup . i have my pole perfectly straight. my latitude set for my location of 55 deg. and sat pointing tru south . i have found thor for referance got 96 signal and 80 qlty . i can pick up 7w nilesat ,5w atlantic. all with good strength and qlty but nothing else in the belt.

one thing i am comfused is about is my declination what should i set this too.

also in my tachomate i have a menu that has all cam names eg viaacces, betacrypt,nagravison, quite a few listed with alphanumeric digits under them what are these for as they can be edited . is this the enbeded cam if so where cani get codes from

thanks
g

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
that is the patch menu to input keys i suggest doing a google for a l s a t

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
martz said:
that is the patch menu to input keys i suggest doing a google for a l s a t

do i just manualy input these codes in

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
i have a few issues with my setup . i have my pole perfectly straight. my latitude set for my location of 55 deg. and sat pointing tru south . i have found thor for referance got 96 signal and 80 qlty . i can pick up 7w nilesat ,5w atlantic. all with good strength and qlty but nothing else in the belt.

one thing i am comfused is about is my declination what should i set this too.

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
right just gone to lyngsat to check if channels match what ive got depending on satelite and my dish is lined up to thor wich i think its thor but pick up all channels on hispasat . how do i know i got right satelite.

have i lined up to hispasat on my thor channels by mistake

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are scanning channels which are to be found on Hispasat and you can actually view them, then your dish is pointing at Hispasat. The quickest way to check a satellite, is to scan a predetermined transponder with FTA channels and look to see if the scan finds them. :)

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
how can i do that with tachomate ive set it to autonavigate blind scan but only get 3 sats

smokeyUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new
My Location
newcastle
bit confused on tachomate ive set it to thor but picking up hispasat channels on what i think is thor . how do i know if i am focusing on the right sat. or will the receiver scan a satelite weather it is the sat i am looking for ie there is no way of finding what sat i am looking at. or should i jusy nudge my sat 30 deg east