Fano
Regular Member
- My Satellite Setup
- T90 Dish and Smart 60cm Dish @28.2E
Receivers:Dm800s,Dm600s,Dm500s,
Ferguson Ariva 120,Opticum x403p,Tm 500.
Satlink 6906 meter
- My Location
- Ireland
I'm looking for some advice on trying to receive Total TV in South West Ireland .
A friend of mine has a subscription to Total Tv on 16e and he has an 80cm fixed dish.
He said his reception was good up until about a year ago (satellite failure-weaker transponders) but it has deteriorated since.
Looking at the footprints for Total TV it has two beams ,a wide and a European .
According to the footprints the wide beam estimates a 70cm dish being required .However it says its the same beam as Digitalb but I know myself that there is no way that is receivable on a 70cm dish.
I have a 1m Gibertini and its quite weak on that.
The reception on the 80cm dish is ok on most channels on a good day but it breaks up completely in rain .
I presume his dish is too small for stable reception ,I'm thinking he needs a 1m or more.
He has Pink TV on his sub as well but all of the channels are unwatchable.
Is it worth my while trying to see if I can maximise the signal by fine tuning the positioning or is a larger dish the only option ?
Will a 1m be sufficient to ensure reliable reception or do I need a 1.1m ?
I'd be highly grateful for any advice .
Many Thanks
Fano
A friend of mine has a subscription to Total Tv on 16e and he has an 80cm fixed dish.
He said his reception was good up until about a year ago (satellite failure-weaker transponders) but it has deteriorated since.
Looking at the footprints for Total TV it has two beams ,a wide and a European .
According to the footprints the wide beam estimates a 70cm dish being required .However it says its the same beam as Digitalb but I know myself that there is no way that is receivable on a 70cm dish.
I have a 1m Gibertini and its quite weak on that.
The reception on the 80cm dish is ok on most channels on a good day but it breaks up completely in rain .
I presume his dish is too small for stable reception ,I'm thinking he needs a 1m or more.
He has Pink TV on his sub as well but all of the channels are unwatchable.
Is it worth my while trying to see if I can maximise the signal by fine tuning the positioning or is a larger dish the only option ?
Will a 1m be sufficient to ensure reliable reception or do I need a 1.1m ?
I'd be highly grateful for any advice .
Many Thanks
Fano