TPS on HotBird

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
This might be old news, but only today I was told that TPS is no longer issuing viewing cards for HotBird.

"TPS has been bought in April 2007 by Canal Satellite and is now broadcasting their channels on Astra together with the Canal Satellite channels.
By April 2008 there will be no longer TPS channels on HotBird."

Can anyone please confirm this and if all the TPS channels are receivable on Astra now.

Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I will need to replace the dish with a larger one ~ 2.0m in order receive Canal Satellite and realign it to ASTRA.
Problem is, if I realign then I would need to change my member's name :)

Anyway, I will look for another second best package, probably SKY Italia since they have, according to Lyngsat, cinema channels with original sound (usually English).

Archerjs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Err...getting dish installed to point at Hotbird and Astra 1...hoping to find some free kids TV channels to help my son learn some other languages.
My Location
UK
Hello - this'll sound naive but do I HAVE to subscribe to a 'package' to watch kid's TV channels on Hotbird or Astra or can I try to get hold of a decoder (transponder??) for the individual channels I'm interested in?

And...if anyone knows where there is a preponderance of kid's TV on these two satellites let me know...I've only found Rai due so far and even than I'm not sure it is 'clear'. (How am I doing? It's just the second day since I swallowed a babelfish!)

Jo

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want to watch a channel in a pay tv bundle you have to buy whatever the minimum bundle that includes that particular channel might be.

However there are quite a few kids channels in the clear on 28E (the orbital location used by Sky UK)