TPScript entries

mebs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-1500E.
My Location
London
Hi all,
I have an Arion AF-1500E receiver and I can access the keys menu options. The TPSCript section contains only one entry (32 characters long). I tried to use the FKE utility to upload new set of keys but after the upload has finished, I could still see only one entry for TPScrypt (i.e the first 00 and 01 in the list) - the rest were ignored.
Any idea how to get around this?
Many thanks

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
mebs said:
Hi all,
I have an Arion AF-1500E receiver and I can access the keys menu options. The TPSCript section contains only one entry (32 characters long). I tried to use the FKE utility to upload new set of keys but after the upload has finished, I could still see only one entry for TPScrypt (i.e the first 00 and 01 in the list) - the rest were ignored.
Any idea how to get around this?
Many thanks

Currently, most patches for most boxes, come with all the TPS keys changing every 15/20 minutes for 1 week. They cannot be seen on the decoder key menu options, but they are integrated with the firmware.

mebs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-1500E.
My Location
London
DeepDiver said:
Currently, most patches for most boxes, come with all the TPS keys changing every 15/20 minutes for 1 week. They cannot be seen on the decoder key menu options, but they are integrated with the firmware.
Hi Deepdiver,

Am still a bit confused - sorry me being a newbie. You said earlier that the TPS keys comes with the firmware. If they are changing every 15/20mins, does this mean that the firmware needs to be replaced everytime the keys change? This seems quite strange to me. I thought the firmware updates contained only amendments or new features to the menu and could be updated from time to time while and the new TPS keys could be uploaded on top the the patches?? am I right?

Unfortunately even though I've been able to upgrade to new patches, I was still unable to get the TPS channels working.

Thanks for your continued support.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Unless your receiver has modified software available that has a weeks worth of TPS keys embedded into it you cannot watch TPS. And yes you have to upload the new keybundle or software once a week

TPS made this change a few months ago to defeat piracy of their signals - many receivers do not work with the new system

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
mebs said:
Hi Deepdiver,

I thought the firmware updates contained only amendments or new features to the menu and could be updated from time to time while and the new TPS keys could be uploaded on top the the patches?? am I right?

Some how you are right. It depends on what kind of box you have. The keys update for some decoder are integrated in the firmware file. In other decoders, the keys are updated with a separate file (e.g.softcam).

In any case, as AnalogueSat says, if your box is not modified to host all the TPS keys for 1 week, there is not much you can do.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DeepDiver said:
In any case, as AnalogueSat says, if your box is not modified to host all the TPS keys for 1 week, there is not much you can do.

Of course there is - its called a subscription :-lmao

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Of course there is - its called a subscription :-lmao

:-rofl2 :-rofl2

....or buy a new box...or buy a CAM (e.g. TRex) ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its all a temporary fix anyway as TPS are going secure in the near future.