Transponder code problem

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
For some reason i have transponder codes in and when i go to find them in search they are not listed .Any reason for this ?..Thanks Rhurbarb :cool:

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
rhurbarb said:
For some reason i have transponder codes in and when i go to find them in search they are not listed .Any reason for this ?..Thanks Rhurbarb :cool:
I'm not sure I understand your question,

Are you saying that when you scan a satellite, there are some transponders missing? You may have an old/damaged satellites.xml file. Try loading an updated one to your DB if that's your problem.

You can generate one from this link, Just choose which sats you want individually, by region or by range.
_http://satellites-xml.eu/

Example attached, 72E to 30W. Just unpack it before loading to your DB.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi Comp.Sorry i did not make my problem very clear as i was late for work ahhhh ,Anyway when i go to transponder edit it shows a lot of frequencies which shows in the drop down list ,but when i go to the motor config page and highlighted the same satelite it doesnt show as many frequencies in the box then in transponder edit under the same satelite.Even though i have had the dreambox ive always put them in manually which took along time btw but i got there ...i used the file pet123dreamsettings_21_03_08 .Sorry to sound thick but when i sorted out the motor problem my next step was to load in a channel listings ie pet123 ,then would i have to put anything else in after ,seems im missing something here ,or as you say it could be a corupt file .Thanks m8 appreciate it..Rhurbarb:cool:

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Hi rhurbarb,
I've never really bothered messing around with manual transponder editing because,I've not found the need to, nor do I have a DM-7000 to check what you are talking about.

After installing the motor, what I did was to scan all the sats I could for every service I could pick up using a Multi Sat Scan.

I then downloaded all services/bouquets from the DB using DreamboxEdit, imported the bouquets from The Captains Settings (Similar to pet settings) into DreamboxEdit, and loaded this back on to the DB.

I did have to do some tweaking because there were some changes in services/packages between the time The Captains Settings were created and the time I loaded them. Also to add my own bouquets.

You could also load all of the service files etc to your DB without bothering to scan the satellites or import bouquets, This is a bit messy because it potentially leaves you with a lot of services listed on your DB that you cannot actually receive because of location / dish size etc.

It takes a while to get everything close to how you want it.
Make regular backups of your settings to avoid all this hassle in the future.
With backups of your settings available, you can flash a new image to your DB and have all the services/bouquets up and running in under 15 minutes.

Hope this helps,
C :cool:

PS: I can see into the future and predict that there will be some questions about EMU's or CS soon:-rofl2

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Yes thats the sort of thing i have done in the past . Now found my satelite thanks by using captains settings, but for some reason my movie side crashes everytime i pause it .Im not sure if its cause i have religned the dish settings on the motor and maybe it interferes with it.Not unusual as i seem to get this most of the time .Il try and do another install.Im getting there slowly like a snail but as long as no one stands on me il keep going ahhhh the hours dreambox drains from you pmsl .Thankyou comp ..Rhurbarb:)