Transponder

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starlight MX pointing at Hotbird and Astra 19.2
My Location
Uk
Okay gone to Hispasat fixed awaiting cam etc.

Okay my problem is im not getting all the channels i should be.

No tv cabo or digital plus.

Im getting crap some are subbys some are crap freeview..

Anyway my box on hispasat only search each tp.

On hotbird and astra it allowed me to select tp1 and it would find all channels etc.

But on hispa i have to select a transponder. when i select tv cabo i get 70's signal but no channels come through.

Now i think my dish isnt aligned i using 1 of those little crap sat meters the ones u tweak the db with and when the signal gets higher u lower it to find the highest.

So i have that plugged into my reciever when i select the first tp avail and lign it up on that i get 167 channels but no good ones.

So i think when im moving my dish slightly its looking for that transponder

is it posible to search a full tp like i could on astra 19.2

ie use a sky digi box.. lame i know :|

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sounds like you are only scanning the fta stuff. Therefore make sure the receiver is not set just to scan fta channels when you are doing the cabo transponders!

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
HEHEHE Cheers mate.. Just scanned all.. didnt work came up with no extra channels..

So i thought.. im when ligning dish up im searchin liging up on one transponder.. so i got my pace Sky digi box out.. connected up.. um meter had a very low reading.. so i went up the ladder 8:30(lol) moved the dish.. meter reading went up.. knocked it down 5db and moved again to tweak woo went back up to full reading.. did it again went up only few more db.. tightended up.

Unplugged digi box put my box in and bang .. works a treat.. all cabo.. not scanned digital plus yet will do that when i tweak the dish further :) will also reset box yet again lol..

cheers for help mate :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well done :) Some of the 30W tp's are noticably stronger then the others. Now adjust the Skew (rotation) of the lnb that can make a hell of a difference.

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Thanks mate :)

Well ive borrowed my mates mrv cam and tried it.. all it opens is fox and fox life.. and it has the latest mrv programmed :(

Ive decided to ebay my box etc and buy a Technomate 1000 series box.. these need no cards or cams.. can buy legit cards and they also work aswell :).

Erm gonna go tweak dish again because i didnt tighten it up last night as it was late.. reason for that is the noise so late and just wanted to make sure it wasnt my box :)