triax multibracket arm.

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
i purchased a modified triax multibracket from a retailer a few weeks ago for my 88cm clear dish.i currently have a monoblock at 13 east and 19 east,but i wanted to add 28.2 east to my set up.it looked easy enough as i picked up lots of hints and tips looking at this forum.and changed my dish to a few sats before.

i went up the ladders at the weekend before the weather took a turn for the worse,i managed to get the main focus on 19 east,coming in at 90 odd percent on the reciever.this is were it got tricky i could not get a decent signal on my meter for the other two sats,i moved the lnb holders back and forth on the arm,and still no joy!and the holders are really hard to push up and down on the arm.as my fingers will tell you!!

so after fading light and sore fingers i had to give,and now the weather is poor in glasgow it looks like weekend again.i started with two sats hoping to get three,now i only have one!!!!well at least i can get the cartoons for the kids.

i keeping looking at the dish to see were i went wrong,its driving me nuts!!i have the arm on the bracket at the full tilt,its the only thing i think could have went wrong.

anybody have have any pics with tilt on the arm?

thanks

a1424.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The biggest mistake people make is to tilt the wrong way, the lower satellites like 28.2, need the bracket to be tilted higher, as the whole thing is reversed due to reflected angles.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

I have not set one of those up, but I have attached a couple of extra LNBs to my dish using bits from my shed. It is not only the separation of the LNBs that has to be correct but also the height.

I got mine right by just waving the LNB around roughly where I thought it should be, and the found a bit of metal that would hold it in the right place.

Assuming you have 19E at the focus, when looking towards the dish face, the LNB for 28E has to be higher, 13E would be a bit lower than the main focus LNB. So you will have to tilt the bracket down towards the right a bit (as viewed towards dish face). I would set the offset angle from the main LNB first and work my way from there, making minor adjustemnts for max signal.

Robbo:)

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
thanks for the replys,just a update on how i got on.i tried a few times to get the bracket right but still no joy.i am giving it up now,looks like one for ebay!!

i think i will put up a old sky dish to get me 28.2 east,and put it through a switch to combine 13 and 19 east that i have on the monoblock. i dont really want to go down the motorized route as i am i wary of making a mess of it.

thanks again for you help.

a1424.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You may have problems putting the monoblock through a basic DiSEqC 1.0 switch, as the monoblock already contains a DiSEqC 1.0 switch, and they are not supposed to be cascaded.

I read in the Portuguese section where a modification to the switch had to be done to get it to work, I will see if I can find the post.

I'm surprised you had difficulty with the bracket though. I have now built my own using 15mm copper pipe, 15mm and 40 mm pipeclips, and a few solder elbows.

And even with that lash up I manage to get 28E and 19.2E going in a few minutes. ( I am no expert!!)

One last try perhaps?

1. Can you post a photo of how you have it set up.

2. What is the distance between the LNB and the point at which an imaginary line out of the front would hit the dish?
From this distance it is possible to calculate the horizontal and vertical offset of the LNB required.

I did this and it found a signal straight away.

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
i never even thought about the monoblock casing a problem going through the switch.looks like i have to rethink again !!!the bracket was modifed by satellite superstore to fit there clear dish,i think the dish is made by metronic.in there website they show a picture of the dish with bracket,and i have tried to keep it same.unless the bracket hasnt been modifed correctly.the only other thing i can thing of is to find a bracket for this dish for two lnbs that will go into the switch with the dish at 28.2 east.

thanks

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien2 Dual Tuner; CM120w/Inverto quattro on7°W; Triax 2X110, LNBFs:3BEST 1 quattro 13E 1 quattro 19.2E 1 single 28.2E multiswitches for the quattros and a satrix disecq 1.0.
My Location
Brussels Belgium
Try using an uncommitted switch after the monoblock.
However, your receiver should be able to handle diseqc 1.1 or 1.2.
EMP centauri makes reasonably priced switches.