Triax Td110 On Pole

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo2 with static dish for now.
My Location
Belfast
Get it down until the dish/LNB arm just clears the roof - there's no need for it to be that high.
Thanks, will do. Strangely I can also get 15W so you'd almost think it was an obstruction East. Sats I can get, 15W, 7W, 5W, 0.8W. Sats I can't get, the rest! Does anyone think that could be a LNB or dish elevation issue?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No. Most likely the overly long pole is not plumb, so you are only able to get Satellites close to the one you used for final alignment.

When you lower the whole lot, check

a. Pole leans neither left/right nor fore/aft

b. Clamps holding dish to motor stub are square on - they have a tendency to slip when being tightened and even a small displacement can cause havoc

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Especially on this note...

b. Clamps holding dish to motor stub are square on - they have a tendency to slip when being tightened and even a small displacement can cause havoc[/quote]

Make sure you tighten them diagonally and gradually at a time otherwise that motor can creep around the pole fractionally.

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Thanks for all the help guys. We are happy with the pole alignment, we have used a spirit level at bottom and top and it looks good. The clamps holding the dish to motor look bang on to the eye but we don't know a good way to do this other than to just make sure it looks straight. With elevation we didn't spend a long time getting this right and maybe it wasn't accurate enough, this is why I think it might be this. Would it be possible to have the elevation on the dish set in a way that I would only get the 4 sats I mentioned? If it's definitely not elevation then it really has to be the clamps holding on the dish.

Nisatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon1008se,humax fox sat,sky hd box, comag receivers. 60cm sky dish, 90cm with 9e,13e,19e,28e plus 1.2m with c/ku band.
My Location
Co down n.ireland
It's the TM2600 I'm using and I set the latitude to just below 55. It seemed simple enough to identify which scale, I'm pretty sure I got it right OK.

Nisatman do you know anyone locally who could help? The guy who helped me today is fantastic but he's not a sat expert.

BTW getting a good few chans on nilesat, mostly Quatar chans and some Lybian.

Would agree with capt jack seems very high. How easy is it to get the pole down. I have to say initially my dish was up at eve of house, it was a nightmare to adjust. So I set up the motor on a pole on ground using a workmate work bench... Temporarily to make sure every was working as it should, obviously when its on ground you can set tv close by etc. believe in building up confidence first before doing a final install... At heights it difficult to make minor adjustments. Appreciate it not always easy to set up on ground on a temp basis. But you can get to know the kit extremely well with lots of minor adjustment.

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Would agree with capt jack seems very high. How easy is it to get the pole down. I have to say initially my dish was up at eve of house, it was a nightmare to adjust. So I set up the motor on a pole on ground using a workmate work bench... Temporarily to make sure every was working as it should, obviously when its on ground you can set tv close by etc. believe in building up confidence first before doing a final install... At heights it difficult to make minor adjustments. Appreciate it not always easy to set up on ground on a temp basis. But you can get to know the kit extremely well with lots of minor adjustment.
We had thought the inclination of the roof was blocking the signal. It's easy enough to drop it down and we are hoping to get it working low close to the roof. We think it's the mount on the motor must be slightly off and we're going to try and readjust. The way we set the inclination was a bit ropey as I was in the house relaying the signal strength over the phone. I was worried this might be the problem but I think the fact I'm getting a good reception on nilesat suggests we have it pretty good? We're going to turn it round and drop down below the roof to try and align to motor better, fingers crossed!

Nisatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon1008se,humax fox sat,sky hd box, comag receivers. 60cm sky dish, 90cm with 9e,13e,19e,28e plus 1.2m with c/ku band.
My Location
Co down n.ireland
We had thought the inclination of the roof was blocking the signal. It's easy enough to drop it down and we are hoping to get it working low close to the roof. We think it's the mount on the motor must be slightly off and we're going to try and readjust. The way we set the inclination was a bit ropey as I was in the house relaying the signal strength over the phone. I was worried this might be the problem but I think the fact I'm getting a good reception on nilesat suggests we have it pretty good? We're going to turn it round and drop down below the roof to try and align to motor better, fingers crossed!

Good luck, I know there is a lot of adjustment and fine tuning needed to get it right, and perserverence... But happily that's exactly wot lots of the folk on this forum enjoy!! Keep us posted.

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
We managed to get it working with some tweaking. The dish wasn't perfectly aligned on motor. The only problem is I have to adjust W or E on some sats to get perfect signal but I'm hoping I can save the tweaks in the settings on my box so I don't have to adjust every time. Just need to work out how... Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.
tooner

Nisatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co down n.ireland
We managed to get it working with some tweaking. The dish wasn't perfectly aligned on motor. The only problem is I have to adjust W or E on some sats to get perfect signal but I'm hoping I can save the tweaks in the settings on my box so I don't have to adjust every time. Just need to work out how... Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.
tooner
Well done i hope you get a chance now to settle down to some serious channel hopping!!