Triax TD110 + Polarmount + 8" Superjack

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
Nokia 9802 receiver, Triax TD110, Triax polarmount, Superjack II + HQ series motor, Alps LNB and Moteck V-Box.
Hello!

What do you think about this kind of system? I think it is better than those cheap Diseqc motors. I havent got this system yet but next weekend i am going to install it.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
Ahvenisto said:
What do you think about this kind of system? I think it is better than those cheap Diseqc motors. I havent got this system yet but next weekend i am going to install it.

Well it might be a bit sturdier than a diseqc motor arrangement, but I wonder how much of the arc in degrees you can cover with an 8" jack - I have the same kit with a 12" althought I've not installed it yet. It strikes me as easier to set up since you can have the polar mount running with no jack at all, and manually move the dish to make sure all your alignments are correct for both ends of your chosen East/West positions - then attach the jack.

-cts

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
How many degrees of arc does that give you?

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
Nokia 9802 receiver, Triax TD110, Triax polarmount, Superjack II + HQ series motor, Alps LNB and Moteck V-Box.
closetosoton said:
Well it might be a bit sturdier than a diseqc motor arrangement, but I wonder how much of the arc in degrees you can cover with an 8" jack - I have the same kit with a 12" althought I've not installed it yet. It strikes me as easier to set up since you can have the polar mount running with no jack at all, and manually move the dish to make sure all your alignments are correct for both ends of your chosen East/West positions - then attach the jack.

-cts

I was wondering that too? But the 8" jack was the only motor that i could buy. This is my first time that i'm installing this kind of system and i'm not sure how to do it? Is it like this: first i have to find the part where the polarmount is in highest point. And then i have to try to find a Astra 19.2. After i found that it should track well. But if it's like that? Should i drive the motor to middle position? So i could get east and west positions?

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
Nobody can help me? I did chanche the limits of the motor. And now it is a 10" motor. Which is nice...

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
Ahvenisto said:
Nobody can help me? I did chanche the limits of the motor. And now it is a 10" motor. Which is nice...

I also have A Triax 88dish, Polar Mount and 12" Superjack. The system works well for me especially in high winds. I can get 45E to 45W no problem. But not all Sats are a good signal.

My polar mount has markings on it form 0 to 90 degrees. How did you calculate your mount setting for your nearest centre satellite? Also how did you then set the dish. Mines got to be reset at the weekend as I need to give it a little maintanance for the 1st time in two years.

My longatude is 52n14 and Lat is 0w54 (Northampton)

Any help in calculations for 1w Thor would be appreciated.

By the way the system you have was a good choice

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
rolfw said:
How many degrees of arc does that give you?
not sure, cause its still in the garage, but i remember selecting the length quite specifically (choice was 12,18 or 24 if I remember rightly) - its seems pompeyblue has answered the question - about 90 degrees.

-cts

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
Ahvenisto said:
I was wondering that too? But the 8" jack was the only motor that i could buy. This is my first time that i'm installing this kind of system and i'm not sure how to do it? Is it like this: first i have to find the part where the polarmount is in highest point. And then i have to try to find a Astra 19.2. After i found that it should track well. But if it's like that? Should i drive the motor to middle position? So i could get east and west positions?

as I said, I ahven't played much with mine, they are many more members with motor experince than me - but yes, line up the dish on 1W, veritcal pole, then spin off to the side and then the other - as to where you put the "center" of your motor before you clamp it will depend on which satellites you'd like to capt (ie. you east/west limits), with a 8" jack you might not cover turksat 42E to hispasat 30W. you will thus have to decide where your extermities will lie. to the west or to the east and set your middle accordingly... does that make sense?

-cts

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
This is my luck. The motor was faulty. So now i dont have a motor. Is'nt this nice. Now i'm waiting that they could find me a new motor. Looks bad...

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
Ahvenisto said:
This is my luck. The motor was faulty. So now i dont have a motor. Is'nt this nice. Now i'm waiting that they could find me a new motor. Looks bad...

look on the bright side - this is maybe your chance to go longer... like 12", i got mine off eBay a while ago 2nd hand - hopefully it hasn't seized sitting in the garage...

-cts

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
Yes. 12" would be better. But 10" is enough too, so... I really really hope that i gould get a new one. Because this system looks so good and it feels very solid. Before this i used Satwalker but it didn't go far enough and it wasn't very solid. This is just my luck.

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
So, things has happened. Here in Finland it is very hard to find a mini actuator. They did not find a new for me. So i did buy a broken one. The one that did go broken. And i did fix it. I'm so happy. It's actually a 10" motor. So everything is fine. Now i can get 1 degrees west to 42 east. And i'm happy...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Ahvenisto said:
So, things has happened. Here in Finland it is very hard to find a mini actuator. They did not find a new for me. So i did buy a broken one. The one that did go broken. And i did fix it. I'm so happy. It's actually a 10" motor. So everything is fine. Now i can get 1 degrees west to 42 east. And i'm happy...

We are all very pleased for you :rolleyes:

Ahvenisto

Reaction score
Website
personal.inet.fi
My Satellite Setup
I have noe installed this system and i can cover 1w-60e arc. But i have a problem the system is pretty inaccurate. I mean that it sometimes leaves it a little bit scant. So i dont get all the signal that i should get. You have any idea that where is the problem?