tryed to view forum as a guest but had to login

D

digitalguy

hi

can some one please tell me why can i not view the forums as a guest now has there been a changes made to the rules if there has why havent you told the members about it but its a good job i am a member to this forum

can any one tell me why this has happened.
yours
digital guy:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not much to tell really Digitalguy, we decided that it was better to have the forum as members only, no restrictions as to gaining membership, but if people wanted to read the posts then they would have to register.

If existing members aren't cookied up the entrance page will prompt them to sign in, if anyone is not a member, then all they have to do is fill out the membership form and supply a valid E-mail address. For anyone that isn't already a member, by registering they now get the benefit of being able to make their voices heard by posting and voting in the polls.

Not unreasonable in my opinion.

D

digitalguy

Originally posted by rolfw
Not much to tell really Digitalguy, we decided that it was better to have the forum as members only, no restrictions as to gaining membership, but if people wanted to read the posts then they would have to register.

If existing members aren't cookied up the entrance page will prompt them to sign in, if anyone is not a member, then all they have to do is fill out the membership form and supply a valid E-mail address. For anyone that isn't already a member, by registering they now get the benefit of being able to make their voices heard by posting and voting in the polls.

Not unreasonable in my opinion.

digitalguy

this is very good to hear i was only asking to find out why this had been done how can i get cookied pelase tell me just like to learn how its done.
yours
digitalguy)(-)(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cookies can be a problem with some browsers, I used to have a problem with an earlier version of Netscape, but have no problems with Opera and IE6. If you go into the tools/Options/Privacy and make sure that the browser accepts cookies from this domain, everything should be OK, also make sure that your user profile on the board has the option ticked for stay logged in.

D

digitalguy

Originally posted by rolfw
Cookies can be a problem with some browsers, I used to have a problem with an earlier version of Netscape, but have no problems with Opera and IE6. If you go into the tools/Options/Privacy and make sure that the browser accepts cookies from this domain, everything should be OK, also make sure that your user profile on the board has the option ticked for stay logged in.

digitalguy

thank you for telling me this i will check it right now.
yours
digital guyO-Ha

just check every think is ok.