Trying to get 30 West but dish won't turn far enough...

blackninja

Reaction score
Slightly odd question this but then again you've probably got used to that from me.

I have two dishes - one 45 cm and one 60cm. I can get Hotbird and Astra 1 on both, with the 60cm one getting nearly 100% signal for both frequencies (but no 5 East/1 West on either) so I figured I could get Hispasat 30 West - at least on the 60cm. However when I tried to get it I found the dish wouldn't go that far left (looking at it from face on).

I don't want to move the wall mount because it would be really awkward and with my DIY skills I'd probably mess it up. So is there any kind of bracket/LNB holder I could get so that I could point an LNB at 30 West? I think I can move the dish to about 10/15 West.

Ta.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Don't know your set up but if your mount is good, and vertical, you could add a motor which would push the dish forward and give you the extra 15 deg rotation.

This may also allow you to receive other sats at different positions giving you a more flexible set-up.

Otherwise I think a dish that is that small and 15 deg out would not get a good enough signal regardless of the LNB brack fitted - sorry.