Trying to get Astra 2D in Italy ~ Advice needed

frankie.j

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TeleSystem Ts3.1 F Digital Satellite Receiver- Free To Air.
80cm. dish.
My Location
Northern Italy
I would be grateful if someone could help me sort this one. We are living in Northern Italy and have just bought a telly and satellite dish and receiver kit.I have no experience of such things so I am starting from the begining. So far I think I have done quite well, as I have been able to receive the Hotbird satellite and Astra 19 E. What I want, is to receive Astra 2D. 28.2 E. but I can't find it. I am sure that I am doing everything right (El. 33.7. Az. 154.6 true)except that I suspect that the receiver has been programmed to accept the 2 mentioned satellites and not the one that I want. If my suspicions are correct, can I reset it, or have I been sold the wrong kit for my job? The kit I have is ~ TeleSystem TS3.1F- Digital Satellite Receiver-Free To Air. and a 80cm. disc with Dual Feed 9+13.which I have mounted on a East facing balcony so it is easy to get at. I will add that when adjusting the disc I am very patient and move it very slowly.
Thanks in anticipation, Kind regards Frank.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Frank, try finding some of the other Astra 28E channels first. Any of the clear channels on the Astra 2A or 2B south beams should be ok in Italy. As the satellites are co-located once you have one you are ok for all of them

_http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

80cm may be on the small size for Astra 2D - the signals are exceptionally weak in Italy, and the received signal strength varies greatly over a few miles.

frankie.j

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TeleSystem Ts3.1 F Digital Satellite Receiver- Free To Air.
80cm. dish.
My Location
Northern Italy
Thanks for your reply, but do I need do something on the receiver to make it receive satellites other than Hotbird and Astra 1.?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
In the receiver menu there should be more satellites listed. You may need to update the frequency list before you scan.