trying to install Cccam on my DM600

bicpentameter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm fixed dish Astra 19.2, Dreambox 600PVR. Sky mini dish, sky+
My Location
Bucks
hi, I have a Gemini image and am trying to use the blue button to install cccam - it does not let me connect to the catalogue ("cant resolve hostname").
So......I fished around and on this site (in the DM500) section I found a file to download and instructions to ftp this file to my tmp folder and then do a manual install. Unfortunately when I try this I cannot see the file I sent over (it is there as I can see it using my ftp program).
Any suggestions?

p.s - I've also left a couple of comments in the DM500 section, I googled my way to it so wasnt aware at the time that I was in the 'wrong' bit

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
You have a networking issue, I would try to resolve that before worrying about CCcam.

It sounds like you have gotten some of your network settings right (Because you managed to use FTP).

Can you take a screen shot of the network settings dialogue on your dreambox and post it up here.

The default gateway and (usually) the dns server addresses should be that of your modem/router.

If you dont know what it is run the following command.
Code:
ipconfig /all
(click start->run, type cmd, hit enter)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you the Communication setup post in the Idiot's Guide?

bicpentameter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
hi guys, yes I had read the idiots guide - I wasnt thinking of all the parameters though. I had DHCP disabled and had set up my DM with its IP of 192.168.0.24 but when I logged on to my router and had a shufty at that I saw that it had DHCP enabled. I went back to the DM and enabled DHCP and then, as if by magic, it all started working.
I was a bit hampered for a while as the DM didnt have its ethernet cable in - ;)
I've logged into the DM via my web browser and it all looks as if I now have the latest Cccam - I cant absolutely verify this though as my daughter is watching Peppa Pig on the Sky+ box and she's going to go mental if I turn it over :)
Thanks again guys - great site, very helpful and so much information hidden away. I dare say I'll be back on snivelling within a day or so with another query!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I was a bit hampered for a while as the DM didnt have its ethernet cable in

;) An easy one to fix though.

Good to hear you got it sorted in the end :)

bicpentameter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
thanks mate, I suprised myself last night by managing to do my cfg file with a couple of c lines. TV will never be the same again :)

Fonzie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000 High Definition receiver
My Location
Qatar
I have a slightly different problem, I share a building internet as I live in an apartment block. On my PC when I need to access the internet, I get a message enter user name and password. On the dreambox there does not seem to be a place to put in a user name and password. Can anyone help.

bicpentameter said:
thanks mate, I suprised myself last night by managing to do my cfg file with a couple of c lines. TV will never be the same again :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Fonzie said:
I have a slightly different problem, I share a building internet as I live in an apartment block. On my PC when I need to access the internet, I get a message enter user name and password. On the dreambox there does not seem to be a place to put in a user name and password. Can anyone help.

You need a router in order to get the dreambox to connect to the internet.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
HB13DISH is correct, You can pick one up at a good price from fleabay, I would recommend the Lynksys WRT54G, It a powerfull device when you install the dd-wrt firmware.

Another problem you will run into is, If you don't have access to the main gateway, you cant set up port forwarding. Maybe if you ask the system administrator, he/she could set it up for you.

If you cant set up port forwarding, you will not be able to share via CS, You can receive shares, but you cant share.