Tuner malfunction?!

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal
Hi. I have, also, a problem with my DM500s. The malfunction is it isn't capable to detect any kind of signal, from the antenna. The BER is indicating a variable value. The SNR indicates a value of 42%, varying plus or minus 2%. Anyone, please? Best regards, DHeart

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
I'm glad its not just me, as I have the identical problem.

My BD 500 worked fine after being returned from repairers, until I loaded a corrupt settings file into DB. Now BD cannot find a signal unless it is looped through another receiver so that I can use the amplifier on 2nd m/c to strengthen the signal.

Tim.

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
It all happen when a friend of mine was helping me setting a second antenna, and unplugged the cable from the Dreambox, while it was still working.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Oh dear.

Which cable did you unplug. If it was the coax, you have probably shorted the connection and blown the tuner board.

How ever if it was the power cable at least the DB should still work.

Tim.

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
Yes, it was the coax.
Well, then it doen'st make me any good looking just for the tuner to replace. It has to be tuner with the tuner board? Right?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try loading a new image first, the box should be short protected, I presume that you have tried a reboot?

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
Tried rebooting. Tried flashing by rs-232 and by ethernet. Tried Dreamup, DreamupLan, Flashwizard Pro and Universal Dreamup. Tried everything, and works well. Just doesn't get any signal.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately, if you have tried all of those things, then it does sound like the case needs to be opened.

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
As i suspected. Thanks for everything.

simonnev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020s\dream500s\technomate7755
triac 88
moteck motor
45W-42E
My Location
oldham
I have had this problem on my 500s, I have found away how to clear it, but it isn’t for the faint hearted, but honestly it does work..
I had problems with the tuner losing signals and the green motor light would go out, I found by putting a bigger psu on it 1 amp seemed to fix most of the problems most of the time however I have had the same problem as you have loss of signal etc, I found it by accident and it does work, basically I had another psu unit but its output is 19v, I accidentally plugged it in to the d500http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/images/smilies/smilies/bash.gif
:-bash and as I was setting up the motor the box did a reset, I then realized that I had used the wrong psu, (to many wires to mention), I was pooing my pants when I reconnected the other psu 12v 1 amp and to my great relief it rebooted and worked as normal, I had to do this on a few occasions when the 500s was using the motor, it worked well for me, the box is still running fine but I use it just on my fixed sky dish and haven’t had any lockups at all since its been on this dish..

If you do try it ensure the polarity is correct

Simon