Turksat versus Hellasat...

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
So last weekend as usual playing up the ladder trying to further my satellite tally and i managed to get turksat locked around 50%. Surprised me as i tried for hellast 1st and couldnt get it . Looking at the footprint hellasat should is beamed over west europe so my question is .. Is Hellasat sending a weaker signal or is it more likely ive misaligned the lnb?
 
I managed to pick up Hellas Sat on a 60cm fine but it's a nightmare to find. The squealer meter barely indicated it but Turksat was easier to find.
 
Might have another go once my 8 way diseqc switch arrives. Stuck on a 4 way with 5w not connected. Need some decent weather too.
 
The 42E west beam stuff is an easy catch on a 60cm dish up here. Havent tried for 39E recently though
 
I'll be trying again when that round thing called the sun comes out. I didnt think i had a chance at getting turksat. I didnt scan the satellite ,just seen it had locked in so i'm not sure how much is available anyway. I'll try for hellasat again and report back.
 
Tried again tonight. No hellasat,did get turksat again but only 2 transponders and 7 channels received.
 
im getting both sats no problem at all in the midlands ireland on my disecq tm motor aND 1.1M triax
 
Yes but i'm not motorized. I have the dish centred on astra 19E and i'm getting a spread of satellites down to 5W
 
Is this on your 60cm? I struggle to get 39° on my Triax TD88 and it's centered on 28°. Usually Riksat is the strongest on 11146V DVB -S, FEC 3/4. However, it has quite a low S/R of 3333 so takes a while to lock on.

If you intend on trying for both 42° and 39° the LNB's will need to be narrow headed ones as the LNB's will be touching. In fact you might find it impossible to get a 3° separation on a 60cm dish.....don't let me stop you trying though!!
 
Was thinking of one or the other to be honest. I'll settle on turksat probably as there is more there providing i can get more transponders- Blind search only picked up 2. I hadnt really fine tuned it with 49 to 51% quality ,so theres always hope.
 
I cut down a tree to be certain a few months back as I was missing a lot of channels on the first few scans. The issue was in part down to one branch, but the receiver turned out to be carrying an old transponder list and even with network search it wouldn't grab the new frequencies.

It might be worth putting in a low symbol rate known transmission and peak on that, before adjusting everything outside.
 
I have an excellent view low down on the horizon so i'll give that a try too.
 
Back
Top