TuxVisionR improved for DM5620, DM600pvr ..

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
For better streaming from DM5620, DM600pvr, DM500 and other boxes with Enigma1 image .

Hi Friends,

TuxvisionR is a development from the original Tuxvision to be used with enigma1 images. It was published in 2006 and proved to be a popular Windows tool for watching and recording Dreambox tv using lan.

The new version TuxVision_2.01 has been developed with a dm600pvr but should also be useful for other boxes with enigma1 images.

This version has more audio/video bitrate range (means works with more channels). Also possible now to select a channel and view the epg and to check the dreambox connection status.

Right-click on the video for full-screen view menu.
Instructions :-

(1) Install program TRex from here :-

h**p://www.dbox2.info/download.php?viewpage=2&catid=5&subcat=

(2) Next unzip and save the attached folder TuxvisionR_2.01 in, for example, c:\

(3) On pc at start>run>cmd write :

cd (path to folder TuxvisionR_2.01)

regsvr32.exe DBOXIISource.ax

(a 'succeeded' message should appear)

(4) With pc connected to db with lan, go to the folder and start program tuxvisionR.exe. Select 'Preview' to watch the channel currently running on tv. Or select another channel.

Note:-

With Vista the filter (.ax) install requires admin previlege.

Only channels in bouquets can be selected.

If you have installed an earlier Tuxvision or TuxvisionR, first uninstall the filter DBOXIISource.ax. For this, please give this command first (after cd to folder with the earlier DBOXIISource.ax) :

regsvr32.exe /u DBOXIISource.ax

(a 'succeeded' message should appear)

To see bouquets and epg, remove HTTP Authentification requirement from the expert setup list.

Please report any problems.

Regards, pcd.

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 with Moteck 2100A motor. Dreambox 500S.
My Location
Co Down
Thanks for this, look forward to trying it out. I've been using v1.01 to watch 4:2:2 footy feeds, it's the only thing I've found that gives me a watchable stream. Very useful bit of software.

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 with Moteck 2100A motor. Dreambox 500S.
My Location
Co Down
Just to give some feedback on this, I've tried version 2.01 on a couple of different PCs now and have yet to get it working, always gives a blank channel list, so I have resorted to using the old version.

Myhd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM500-S
My Location
Asia
Windows error msg - "LoadLibrary("dboxiisource.ax") failed - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.",
when executing regsvr32 on windows XP under adminstrator
How do I reinstal regsvr32.exe ?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It's not regserver that is at fault - it is component that you're trying to register - dboxiisource.ax ?

Myhd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM500-S
My Location
Asia
reinstalling "regsvr32.exe Dboxiisource.ax"
DboxiiSource.ax from TuxvisionR v2.01 and v1.01, register same windows message.
Any other suggestion?

Problem solved. works on another PC