Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva, Samsung and Comag PVR 2 100CL
3 dishes, 80cm, 100cm, 140cm
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
mhku said:
Am I missing something - why would you use an audio out feed from the TV when you can take it directly from the satellite receiver?
I can get the sound output from the separate satellite receiver but not any produced by the Smart TV itself, such as from internet access, apps or digital terrestrial content.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Tivù said:
Sometimes the Audio gets ahead of the Video owing to processing delays.
That also but Synclink can take care of that.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Captain Jack said:
And I personally have Sky box, Vu+ Uno, Dune HD for IPTV and media centre and the XBox... having to switch inputs on my old Marantz SR4200 amp is a pain when switching devices on the TV, so it's easier for me to just pipe the audio through it.

Need to invest in some more up to date amp which does HDMI switching, so I can just use the amp to switch inputs.
Further to my other posts above I have been today looking at amps but they do tend to be rather large and also expensive.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I see, didn't realise that. Some TVs have an audio return, not sure if yours does: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/arc.aspx

And I personally have Sky box, Vu+ Uno, Dune HD for IPTV and media centre and the XBox... having to switch inputs on my old Marantz SR4200 amp
I've got a Dune and (until the delivery man arrives today) a Marantz SR5400. And lots of cables! :-D

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
mhku said:
I see, didn't realise that. Some TVs have an audio return, not sure if yours does: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/arc.aspx

I've got a Dune and (until the delivery man arrives today) a Marantz SR5400. And lots of cables! :-
The Smart TV does have a HDMI ARC which I am hoping to connect to my analogue audio sender with the composite HDMI/RCA cable I ordered yesterday. I am hoping it will work.
What is it that you are waiting for. Maybe could help me also.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Hope it works for you :)

I'm waiting for something "rather large and also expensive" ;-)

What's your budget for a new AV receiver?

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
I don´t need a receiver but of the four I have installed at present my favorite is the Ferguson Ariva. It is a combo Sat/terrestrial and was only just over 100 euros. Great value and cheaper than the other three.

Hang on I have just re-read your question. AV receiver you ask which I tend to mean something to send the audio feed to so i can then distribute it. I´d say around 150 euros max.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I misunderstood.. I think the cable you've ordered will be the simplest solution to getting audio out for Smart TV content but your TV manual should confirm it.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
I hope so but when I went to the shops yesterday unsuccessfully looking for an HDMI to RCA lead I was told by shop staff that no such lead existed and that if it did it would have to be something made by the chinese and would not work. I have ordered it from my helpful Amazon chinese (?) on-line supplier. Will it work?. I´´ll let you know.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You'll need a setting on the TV to send the audio out as analog as HDMI is digital.

The cable doesn't contain the chip to convert digital signals to analog signals, it only work with devices that can already convert digital signals to analog signals.
HDMI to VGA boxes that also have an RCA connection should work e.g. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51su3-Uz39L._AA1500_.jpg

Search for "HDMI to analog" on Amazon.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
The image will not open but I suspect it is like one I bought some time ago. It failed to work. It now sits in its box in the garage. More junk. Thank you for your suggestion. All welcome in case the ordered lead does not work.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
The lead arrived and no, it does not work. So back to square one. I may have to buy a home cinema unit with a Digital Optical In and RCA out. If I do it will have to be small. There are too many gizmos around the TV already.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Update. I bought a Lindy 70408 digital to analogue audio converter. I did not have much hope that it would work because it is of the same type as one I used earlier although more expensive, and guess what it works.
I plugged the digital audio in and connected the analogue RCA out to a sound distribution box. I can now listen to any Smart TV content (internet, USB etc) anywhere in the house with wireless speakers and wireless headphones. Brilliant.
I hope this helps anyone else.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm sure it will help.

Very pleased you got everything sorted out.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Great news, well done :)