TV5 19.2 went black

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Am watching their channels regularly (having ties to France ), was perpelxed when it cut out yesterday, other channels on same transponders were ok, receiver or lnb dying? sat failing? uplink problems? TV5 bankrupt? After a while emerged it was some islamists, and a terribly effective job. A wake up call for the general vulnerability of our electronic society (elctrical supply, information, weapons, water, health care etc etc ). Another sign of things to come? Maybe soon time to get a shotgun and stock canned food :O)

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
So does this mean that Islamic State are also against satellites? Seems to me they don't believe much in anything! They are just fools who are easily brainwashed.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
It's a big shock in France, all the way up to government level. TV5 is the presentation of French language, news, country, products and culture to the world. Attacked because of France's active role in the middle east and Africa.

Local impact can probably compare to a situation were England saw all the BBC's international services \ newschannels \ related websites \ email etc going down.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
A

Anonymous_1

It's a big shock in France, all the way up to government level.
Local impact can probably compare to a situation were England saw all the BBC's international services \ newschannels \ related websites \ email etc going down.

Unfortunately, not really, in France, most of the poeple don't know this channel .

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
I wondered where it had gone,
More misguided loonies with a mission because their lives lack excitement & any positive thoughts,
About time the UK re-introduced military subscription to sort out these misguided fools as they obviously like killing people maybe a decent Sargent Major in the British Army will direct their anger to more positive actions than their currently wasted lives.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
4wd said:
It's a big shock in France, all the way up to government level.
Unfortunately, not really, in France, most of the poeple don't know this channel .
Refered to a hypothetical reaction locally in England if BBC World got wiped from all their satellites, would have made quite a big splash among authorities over there. Maybe they're up for next hack. And TV5 Monde is basically not meant for France itself, so not many watching it there as many programs are from local TF channels. btw, a list of sats the hack affected: http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=tv5 monde&Submit=Zap

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Most people in England haven't the faintest idea about BBC World. It's not a domestic service for us.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Most people in England haven't the faintest idea about BBC World. It's not a domestic service for us.
Yes, same situation as TV5 Monde in France, close to zero impact for the local tv watchers. The local earthquake shakes much deeper, the whole electronic\internet infrastructure, politicians and ministers, tv & news staff, computer\network security, police, secret services etc. Many late night meetings ongoing in France (and probably other countries) right now :O)

Managing to disrupt a worldwide tv\satellite transmission is quite a step up from the 'usual' hacks seen so far, questioning much of the trust one may still have had in any country\company security structure. The perpetrators are surely having a big feast and dance after this, and building on the experienced gained, planning the next big sting, let's only hope they are kept well out of nuclear areas.

bim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat Thomson Tsr200 Pace 3100 Black pro quad dvbs2 80 and 100cm dishes
My Location
croatia Lat 45.3301 Lon 14.1822
We find it all a bit disturbing. I've always said too much trust is put into electronic systems. No matter how good these programmers are at their job there is always another bright spark coming up. It brings to mind an old saying; it doesn't matter how hard you are there is always somebody harder.
How many people have got security systems linked to the internet and don't forget the issue with the baby monitors (you never know who is watching).

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
Yes, same situation as TV5 Monde in France, close to zero impact for the local tv watchers. The local earthquake shakes much deeper, the whole electronic\internet infrastructure, politicians and ministers, tv & news staff, computer\network security, police, secret services etc. Many late night meetings ongoing in France (and probably other countries) right now :O)

Managing to disrupt a worldwide tv\satellite transmission is quite a step up from the 'usual' hacks seen so far, questioning much of the trust one may still have had in any country\company security structure. The perpetrators are surely having a big feast and dance after this, and building on the experienced gained, planning the next big sting, let's only hope they are kept well out of nuclear areas.
I thought they had a "domestic" version of TV5MONDE in their FBS (France Belgium Switzerland) channel?

A

Anonymous_1

FBS is for the "TV right", the programmes are not exactly the same (no French League 1 for example)

TV5 has 9 versions :

upload_2015-4-10_15-40-0.png

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
We find it all a bit disturbing. I've always said too much trust is put into electronic systems. No matter how good these programmers are at their job there is always another bright spark coming up. It brings to mind an old saying; it doesn't matter how hard you are there is always somebody harder.
How many people have got security systems linked to the internet and don't forget the issue with the baby monitors (you never know who is watching).

And now this 'internet of things' > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_Things coming on top of everything who knows what it all will imply.

dan rose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 meter commercial dish amiko nano, micro hd, multi lnb setup
My Location
usa indiana
They should keep their Internet sites separate from their satellite signals keep things separate. Its better something goes down it doesn't effect the other.

hilaryanne

Archived Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a humax fox free to air receiver and a PIXX ADT 1200 free to air
My Location
England
Am watching their channels regularly (having ties to France ), was perpelxed when it cut out yesterday, other channels on same transponders were ok, receiver or lnb dying? sat failing? uplink problems? TV5 bankrupt? After a while emerged it was some islamists, and a terribly effective job. A wake up call for the general vulnerability of our electronic society (elctrical supply, information, weapons, water, health care etc etc ). Another sign of things to come? Maybe soon time to get a shotgun and stock canned food :O)
Hi
I watch TV5Monde FBS but it has disappeared. I watch via the Astra Satellite. Can anyone help me? I know they expect the UK to watch TV5Monde Europe but this does not have a good schedule for me. I think it disappearred two weeks ago. Please can anyone hel?p?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All the standard def TNT Sat channels were switched off a couple of weeks ago

The HD version can be found on 12129V 29700 5/6. If your receiver is standard def only you will need to replace it.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
tv5 fbs hd 19.2 alive and well.

Attachments

• 5fbs.jpg
    5fbs.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 9