TV5 5West

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
French Channel TV5 has it seems removed its PAL broadcast from Telecom / Atlantic Bird Slot at 5W

This could be the start of the removal of all services in analogue, leaving interested viewers with the one option of digital and encrypted sources from more common eastern satellites and a sad demise for what was one of the longest running satellite positions of interest.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
announcement here:
http://www.tv5.org/europe/fr.index.rece.nume.html

yes, this is sad. I must admit, I rarely watched it, but the channel has been a mainstay of the FTA satellite offering for years - and its retreat to restricted access in restricted markets is a blow to those of us who still hold out hope for a more open model across Europe.

2old

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
This might not help , but for those with C band it remains free to air on several satellites including Arabsat at 26.0 east etc - this can be recieved with good quality on a 1.8 mtr equipped with C band and low noise recievers

Regards

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
And of course Astra 2 where maybe you dont even need a dish , just the LNB and a good feed horn

I always though there was something else contributing to global warming, now I know what !