Rcww

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza XT-M decoder for TVBS channel
My Location
Middlesex
ksate said:
hi

what motorised system did you install? planning a big upheaval having to change to eurobird 9.

I am consider on the same line too . Is it as easy as installing a motor between the pole and dish and using the same cable to receive the signal feed and control the dish?

Thanks

col.guile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI+USB Super, 80cm dish, TM motor, cheap lnb...
My Location
Kent
I got a package with 80cm dish and lnb, technomate 5400ci+ usb super stb, and a technomate 2200 motor with all the cable and connectors and mount etc.. If your dish is the correct size (min.60 cm) and the dish mount is perfectly vertical, then yes you would install the motor on the mount and the dish onto the motor. Then you would have to setup the dish so it is at the correct alignment for your longitude latitude ( check in forums for instructions on installing and setup) and point it to the strongest satellite (normally thor 1) depending on your position in the UK. Then with the dish setup like this, the stb set to usals or digisec 1.3 it should automatically be able to find the rest of the satellites. As for the cable, normally your existing cable would feed into the new motor and you would buy or make a new short cable to go from the motor to the lnb. Depends also on the motor you use. I found it relatively easy to set everything up as I'm not bad at diy. If you are not confident or don't like heights then I suggest you get someone to do it for you. I found the most difficult thing was getting the dish mount perfectly vertical and gettting the alignment of the dish correct, as it was getting dark when I put mine up, and the markings on the dish mount and motor weren't accurate enough. I had to use a sat meter to get the best signal. After getting the strong signal on thor 1, my stb autofound 9E and 19.2E. It was just a matter of selecting the satellite in the menu and scanning for channels. I've even found 'free' kids channels on thor like cartoon network and fox kids. But the stb needs updating regularly.

Rcww

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza XT-M decoder for TVBS channel
My Location
Middlesex
col.guile said:
I got a package with 80cm dish and lnb, technomate 5400ci+ usb super stb, and a technomate 2200 motor with all the cable and connectors and mount etc.. If your dish is the correct size (min.60 cm) and the dish mount is perfectly vertical, then yes you would install the motor on the mount and the dish onto the motor. Then you would have to setup the dish so it is at the correct alignment for your longitude latitude ( check in forums for instructions on installing and setup) and point it to the strongest satellite (normally thor 1) depending on your position in the UK. Then with the dish setup like this, the stb set to usals or digisec 1.3 it should automatically be able to find the rest of the satellites. As for the cable, normally your existing cable would feed into the new motor and you would buy or make a new short cable to go from the motor to the lnb. Depends also on the motor you use. I found it relatively easy to set everything up as I'm not bad at diy. If you are not confident or don't like heights then I suggest you get someone to do it for you. I found the most difficult thing was getting the dish mount perfectly vertical and gettting the alignment of the dish correct, as it was getting dark when I put mine up, and the markings on the dish mount and motor weren't accurate enough. I had to use a sat meter to get the best signal. After getting the strong signal on thor 1, my stb autofound 9E and 19.2E. It was just a matter of selecting the satellite in the menu and scanning for channels. I've even found 'free' kids channels on thor like cartoon network and fox kids. But the stb needs updating regularly.

Thanks, going source a motor and give it a try. Which make are reliable ?

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
I like technomate and motech m8 both strong motors and fair price, have a look at site sponsors shops :)

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
Hi,

I would like to connect to the following:

Eurobird 9 (9°E) satellite platform details:
Frequency: 11823 MHz
Symbol rate: 27500
Fec ¾
Polarisation: Horizontal

I can see 9.0E eurobird 9 and have a 90+% signal level but i cannot seem to see 11823 frequency, can anyone help?

Thanks in advanced.

Phat

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
Hi,

I would like to connect to the following:

Eurobird 9 (9°E) satellite platform details:
Frequency: 11823 MHz
Symbol rate: 27500
Fec ¾
Polarisation: Horizontal

I can see 9.0E eurobird 9 and have a 90+% signal level but i cannot seem to see 11823 frequency, can anyone help?

Thanks in advanced.

Phat

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum.

Can you confirm you have a dish aligned to 9E?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Welcome to the forum.

Can you confirm you have a dish aligned to 9E?

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
Hi,

I believe so, I am not too sure to be honest but from the box, when i select 9.0E Eurobird I have a strong level of frequency of 97% and quality 73% so i believe so. Thank you for you quick response.

Phat

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
Hi,

I believe so, I am not too sure to be honest but from the box, when i select 9.0E Eurobird I have a strong level of frequency of 97% and quality 73% so i believe so. Thank you for you quick response.

Phat

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Can you list a few channels you are currently receiving?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
satelliteman said:

Hi,

I am currently seeing channels such as:

telenova
asianet
viva polska
RTFB SAT
RTA
KNN.

Thanks

Phat

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
satelliteman said:

Hi,

I am currently seeing channels such as:

telenova
asianet
viva polska
RTFB SAT
RTA
KNN.

Thanks

Phat

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Your on the wrong satellite. Currently your locked on 13°e.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Your on the wrong satellite. Currently your locked on 13°e.

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
Hi,

Thanks for the info, i thought i was on 9.0E, does this mean if i shift the dish by 4.0 West, It should be fine? I apologise for the questions, i am new to this. Your help is greatly appretiated.

Phat

phatdang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI
My Location
London
Hi,

Thanks for the info, i thought i was on 9.0E, does this mean if i shift the dish by 4.0 West, It should be fine? I apologise for the questions, i am new to this. Your help is greatly appretiated.

Phat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes thats about right. The elevation of the lnb will need to be raised a little as well.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes thats about right. The elevation of the lnb will need to be raised a little as well.