Two lnbs on a motorised system?

antdad1969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.0m Motorised TM5400ci super Toshiba laptop
My Location
South East
Hi
Just reading some threads on setting up a motorised system...an OP mentioned using 2 lnbs, no not a twin lnb but 2 lnbs. I have never seen this so is it ever done and if so is it worth considering?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
you can do it... most popular is a c band with a ku band lnb... or you might park on 26e ku and include 28.2/5e ku on an offset or a lot wider if there are two sats you want plus the ability to move the dish when you want.... only one lnb will track the arc properly and a wide gap will mean only one lnb will work at all once the dish is moved from the setup point.
2 lnbs on a moving dish has its uses.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, I have done this, sent the dish to 19E, and then had aditional LNBs on for 28E and 13E, it was of some practical use at the time, it depends really on what your favourite satellites are, as unless the LNBs are right next to eachother, the offset LNbs will only work in one spot.

I now have a motrised dish and a fixed mult-LNB dish (both 1m), this is of practical use, and worth doing if you can get away with two 1m dishes.

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
If your trying to have two boxes running from one motor you could try what i ve done, ive put a 2 way powerpass splitter just before the motor input and run a cable to each leg from both points, as long as 1 box is off you can control dish with 2nd box using usals crude lol but works a treat without too much signal loss:) this way only single lnb needed i know logical way is to run cable from lnb out on first box to second point but not practical in my case due to cabling route

antdad1969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.0m Motorised TM5400ci super Toshiba laptop
My Location
South East
If I do what robbo suggests and point both lnbs at my favorite sats...that would mean getting instant reception on both without dish moving. I already have 2 cables in place behind plaster board. Could I utilise both?

Kenny, with two feeds in place I was just gonna set one up in the normal manner through motor and the other feed straight to lnb like static setup then straight to diseqc switch. Would this work?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You only need one cable if it is a single LNB and single tuner, as the Diseqc switch would need to be outside, after the motor.