Two receivers at home

amindzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STARSAT X95USB
My Location
Iran
Hi, i have starsat x95usb receiver, i want to add another one for my room,what should i do? there a loop out socket behind the receiver(beneath the LNB socket),should i connect a cable from this socket to LNB socket(LNB input) of the new receiver? or should i use LNB with 2 outputs on the dishes?

G

Go for separate feeds.

Loop Through has limitations as only one of the Receivers can have full control of the LNB - although with modern Boxes it's unlikely the risk of 13/18v backfed from one Box to the other will actually cause damage, one Box will dominate anyway and the other will only be able to view Channels of the same Polarity and Band as the dominant Box.

Good practice dictates one of the Boxes should be in Standby anyway, if using Loop Through (but who remembers to do that!?), so you really ought to go for separate Feeds if at all possible.

amindzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STARSAT X95USB
My Location
Iran
any new answer?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Twin LNB with seperate feeds :D

iwave

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite TV
My Location
Hongkong,China
amindzo said:
any new answer?

you should buy a splitter, then you could watch different channels on different tv,it is worth for money.Much better than loop through

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
iwave said:
you should buy a splitter, then you could watch different channels on different tv,it is worth for money.Much better than loop through

No a splitter is no good as you will be restricted to watching either horizontal channels on both stb's or vertical channels on both stb's. The only way to do it properly is have a twin lnb with separate feeds as previously stated.

Also using a splitter, which stb would be doing the switching?... exactly you cannot know the answer

gerryl

Reaction score
you could use A+B switch...usin loopthrough meself as temp measure...but one box must be switched off before turning on the other...or else all hell breaks loose!...know this will do damage sooner or later...:confused ...would agree with above....2 cables...best luck