Two Sky Dishes

pkmc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
Co. L\Derry
Hi,

I'm new to the site, this is my first post.

I recently got Sky+ installed complete with a new dish; the sky engineer did not take down my old dish and I still have my old receiver. Sky will be sending out new viewing cards soon and I was wondering if I could still use the old card with my old system and have sky upstairs or will they cancel the old card when they send the new ones out.

pkmc

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum pkmc

Sky are not inexperienced at this and whilst mistakes do get made I doubt it would last for long, you will always have the freesat channels anyhow without a card so what are you waiting for? get cracking :)

acezon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 600s, Darkbox 2008,
Liberty FTA reciever, Humax Foxsat HD, Thomson Sky+,
3 fixed dishes, 60cm for 13E + 19E, 80 cm motorised,Zone 1 sky+, BtVision and My 37" baby.
My Location
Exmouth, Devon
first of all i would phone up sky and compain about them not doing a propper job, but too the point, when you a new card it will replace the blue one you have now,
you could use your old box to recive the free channels but you still only need the one dish as there are both looking the same way, the new dish will have 2 spare connections you can use this and get sky back to reomve the old dish.