two TV links one TV?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usenet, WDTV, and a TV
My Location
Essex
I want to put two seperate tv links to the same tv, can I just use a Y-Piece splitter? Or is there a better alternative?

Couldn't decidede if this should sit here or in the $ky section, so feel free to move... and just realised I've posted not even in the forum I intended to, so please move.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure what you're trying to do, control two digiboxes?

PS. Sorry missed this in the AV section, so moved to here.:)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usenet, WDTV, and a TV
My Location
Essex
yeh, two or if possible three sky boxes on one tv.

Ta.

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
If your not fussed about using magic eyes you can loop all your boxes together via rf leads each box needs setting onto it's own clear rf output frequency after they are looped together run an rf2 feed from the final receiver to the desired tv destination.

If on the other hand you want to be able to control each box individually I'd recommend the use of a global supercombiner

it's a case of running an rf2 run from each receiver into the combiner inputs, the signals exit the combiner via it's one output, this can also be distributed via a bypass amp and distributed around the home once again each receiver needs it's own clear rf output frequency setting and then boxes can be tuned into channels 6,7 and 8 if you go for all 3 skyboxes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usenet, WDTV, and a TV
My Location
Essex
Awesome. Top man.