u bolts, brackets?

My Satellite Setup
1 Metre Dish, Diseqc 1.2 Motorized H-H Motor, technomate 1500 CI+
My Location
UK
I need some u bolts as i have snapped one of mine. What shops will sell these. Would like to get one tomorrow. Would b&q do them or maplins?
Thanks for any info.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably Halfords will do them, not cheaply, but they should have them, either that or your nearest exhaust centre. :

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, just had a thought, is it one of the Motor U bolts, a Moteck perhaps? If it is, then exhaust type clamps will not be big enough, I have managed to solve the problem with two long coach bolts, sawing/filing half of the head away to enable them to lock against the bracket. Failing that, some threaded rod of a suitable diameter will do, plus several nuts. :)

My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
yeah its for a Diseqc 1.2 Motorized H-H motor. Look likes i will have try b&q. Probelaar won't get it. Was free tomrrow wanted to work on the system. Was undoing a nut today to aling to true south and the u bolt snapped.

My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Even if i ave to get a new bracket set i do not mind.

john22

My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
B+Q Here in Dublin have various sizes of aerial clamps {U- Bolts] I think I paid about 7 Euros each about 2 Weeks ago. Good Luck with your serch.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you can't find any big enough U Bolts (and you probably won't) try the threaded rod, should work well. :)