UA AU

kid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-May-02 AT 11:00 PM (GMT) by rolfw (admin)]Anyone managed to get an AU on a provider with UA-updates (ident 00 0D)? Seen it somewhere before, but forgot where and how!!
I have the PPUA and MK's:

PPUA II JJ KK LL
MK00 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
MK01 YY YY YY YY YY YY YY YY

I'm using a funcard, so I put:
SA II JJ KK
CUSTWP LL
UA 00 00 II JJ KK LL
And the Mk's at the right places.
Is this right? I remember there was a checkbox involved somewhere!?
This is kind of frustrating since I manage to AU the other providers!
If anyone has managed to "UA-AU" on a funcard (or goldcard. File?), I would really appreciate the help.

/Kid

P.S. Rolf, is this better? Used A-D as an example without thininking that they are hex numbers!

@ Kid, see my PM, yes appreciate that, unfortunately I delete first and ask questions later, I am concerned that we keep the board free of any contraband files or info, so it's sometimes deleted quickly before it can be read (even by me :) ). Rolf

I

Ididndoit

I have the MKs for TVBS, but I haven't bothered to do it. In Seca, it's the only UA provider and what you have to do is convert your PPUA into a nine-digit Unique Address which would match serial on an original card. In Seca, this is done by converting the hex number you have for PPUA to dec, and then padding the number up to nine digits by sticking zeros in front of it.

kid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-May-02 AT 10:48 PM (GMT) by rolfw (admin)]@Ididndoit, running around helping people as usual?! =)

If you look at my first posting again, (I've edited it), is that what you mean?

I've been thinking about your "convert PPUA to dec and then pad with zeros at the beginning to nine digits, then convert result to hex". Isn't this the same as taking the PPUA "** ** ** ** " and padding this to "** ** ** ** ** ** "?
Because, lets say you get ###### (a six digit number)in decimal from your converting the PPUA (still ***********). Then you pad the decimal number and get 000######, nine digits. If you convert this back to hex (to use as UA) you will surely get the old PPUA value back, because the number is neither larger nor smaller. Or am I wrong?

Anyways, I've tried the above, but don't think it works for me! =(

/Kid

I

Ididndoit

Ah, it's that Kid - I did wonder ;)

No, you don't convert it back to hex. You take your PPUA which is in hex and convert it to dec, then pad it with zeros in front to make a nine-digit number.
Sorry, what I forgot to say is that you need to enter this nine digit decimal number in serial field of card, not the PPUA field. You don't convert it back to hex.
You have to enter it in Serial field cos as UA this addresses a different part of memory on your card to PPUA.
Easy with funcards, with GWs you'll need a file that supports a serial field like DarkSuca. And if it's the TVBS MK from you know where that you're having no luck with - unfortunately, I'm not surprised. She died :(

K

kasnel

Hi!
How to convert hex digits to decimal?What else i have to
change to make seca funcard autouptable (PBM?)I have aston1.05 cam
and i use picbinedit.I take ext.eeprom file and enter PPUA,MK1
and it should work,is that correct?

kid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yupp, that's about it!
Is there a PPUA field in picbinedit? Great! (haven't bothered to try the new versions that can handle Fun stuff!)
I use FUNPROM, there you fill the SA and CUSTWP (which are part of the PPUA). The PBM, well, either you just leave it or you find some "good" ones (at tonydoe for example).
It's not very hard to convert dec-hex or vice versa. One easy way is to use the "advanced" calculator in Windows. Hope this helps.

@Ididndoit,
you pervert Deepam watcher!! How are you?! =)
Busy as usual? If you wonder, I've got a new job and have been kept busy by my sadist boss for a few months now! I've been checking in once in a while to see whats up but it's hard to get enough sparetime! So if you guys feel that I'm a "peeper", feel free to "fire me"!
About the MK's, didn't get a chance to thank you before "it died"!! DAMN, it's the channel I watch the most! =)
Well, guess I have to "dig where no one ever digged before", and try to find some new ones.
Back to the UA stuff. Do you mean that one is supposed to fill in a nine digit decimal number in the UA field in FUNPROM? This is not what I thuoght!

/Kid