uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to know how much trouble is on my end and what may be caused by other factors: has the satellite signal weakened a bit lately, or should I try to check for grown leaves (already done, actually, but with no apparent improvement)?

Thank you in advance for any hint.

Stefano
 
Signal @ 14dB on my 88cm dish so no change here for last 12 months,

You may need to realign your dish.
 
Its fine here In the south of spain as good as ever
 
Thank you. In some ways is good news. If it were the satellite, problems would be much bigger, and not only for me. I will try to check my equipment. Now I know it depends on me I can dare to get deeper.
 
I will try to check my equipment.
It turned out it was the cable. Already needing substitution since several years, it has always been a difficult task to carry out.
Its last bits of quality dropped sharply in few months, coinciding with tree leaves explosion and this added further doubts.
Now all is back, and of course not only 27W. All the Clarke belt was revived by the change.

I am now even getting at times glimpses of some UK beam channels @28E. Only SD, but still it feels like some fresh air breeze.

Stefano
 
Make the most of it - 907 is coming up to End Of Life
 
Make the most of it - 907 is coming up to End Of Life
Maybe that end is closer than we think. Maybe its started wobbling as signal has dropped quite a bit here. I can see the transponder on the spectrum but no lock. Technomate box is flashing from 0db to 4.9 and off again.
 
this happens regularly it will sort it's self out shortly.... Hopefully LOL
Just did all good now
 
Last edited:
Done a bit more investigation on this transponder in the last couple of days.

It turns out there is EPG data in there, it just doesn’t come up as it’s on a non-standard PID (the EIT data is on PID 58 which is also encrypted like the channels, rather than the standard DVB PID 18). It contains listings for all of the Freeview channels across all multiplexes (including the ones not replicated on 27.5°W) including the regional variations. There’s listings data for over 300 channels reported when I analyse that PID! This makes sense as each freeview multiplex on terrestrial carries all the EPG data for all channels so the guide populates quickly.

Also, the “Fat CSI” service includes bouquet data for all of the different Freeview network IDs - e.g “South Lakes”, “West Midlands - Birmingham” etc.
 
Struggling to find a working footprint map for 27.5W - anyone happen to know if an 80cm dish would be enough in Mallorca?
Thanks
 
What is happening on this link today?
Everything was nominal until yesterday evening.

Several reports across the web.

Anyone knows if it is just a glitch or something that will last?

Thank you!
 
signal back again !
 
In the canaries we have seen on 3 occasions recently that signal has dropped by around 2db and then back up again the day after. Interesting that no other reports have appeared on here. Strange
 
For the last couple of days, I have noticed a big change and a drop in the signal by approximately 4db from my location. For the vast majority of hobbyists from my area, this satellite will be basically inaccessible if it stays like this.
 
Yes, I got a confirmation from other forum members and confirmation of a 3-4 db signal drop within 500 km from the Zagreb location.
 
Yes, I got a confirmation from other forum members and confirmation of a 3-4 db signal drop within 500 km from the Zagreb location.
4-5 dB is a huge drop for most of us, we all are experiencing the same.
In my case, the only solution is a bigger antenna, today i have 65cm for Intelsat27,5W ( i usually got 9-11,5 dB on 65cm and now maximum 7,3 and its fluctuates, 6 dB is enough to get an image (breaking) and over 7 is good)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top