uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

maxi_power

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm motorised dishes
My Location
PT
Some friends (well the ones I mentioned up thread) are currently trying to find Intelsat 907 and I now know more accurately where they are, having displayed a woeful lack of knowledge of Spanish geography in my previous enquiry. A local installer is trying to orientate their existing 1.2 m dish but seems not to be able to find anything other than Hispasat 30 deg W.

The place is in the Priego de Cordoba area, can I just check that nothing has changed that would have reduced the signal since I last asked - a 1.2 m dish should still do the biz on 27.5 deg W...? Is anyone in that neck of the woods who can confirm it's all still working, and what size dish they've got.

Thanks

map.php

Maybe it helps...

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 gilbertini with VU+ Solo2. 60cm with Spanish TDT from satellite.. and channel master 1.0m for 27.5 hopefully..LOL
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
No noting has changed all is good...1.2 is fine i live an hour away.. it hard to set unless you have proper equipment.. I don't but i did do it. many many people cannot. or some people want huge amounts to set it up.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
they've got a Technomate 5402

Which model/mk?

Three versions of this box MK1, 2 and 3

AFAIK only Mk3 can handle this S/R value

Might be wrong then please disregard

OOOPs

Forgot to mention you need to load a BISS key also

Last edited:

nwaggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200 dish twin lnb full sky plus 907 to keep her happy
My Location
nerja costa del sol spain
All up and running here about 45mins away from cordoba on a icecrypt box

Nagusia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 0p150 with single Inverto Black Ultra plugged into Humax FOXSAT HDR | Portable 80 cm dish with IBU plugged into TechniSat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 receiver/W7 64 Media Center / ProgDVB setup.
My Location
20 km south of San Sebastian N Spain
I use a portable 80 cm dish to pick up Intelsat 907 when out and about with a caravan. Last week I was in Perpignan and had no problems - I have used the same dish all over France and in Spain as far down south as Cazares. No special equipment needed at all except a sat meter which can handle 44000 symbol rates. It is a little bit more tricky to pick up than some other satellites but with careful use of a compass I normally get things set up in a couple of minutes.

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Galaxy,IBU single,Technomate 5402M3
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Thanks for the further reports. It's OK, it *is* a Mk 3 5402. It works for this particular purpose. I think their Spanish dish-man is so used to Hispasat but hasn't yet been asked to find "next-door".

Cheers
If they've found Hispasat then they can move the dish a precise amount using the values found on dishpointer for Prego di Cordoba:
Hispasat @30w
Elevation 39.2
Lnb 29.6 counter clockwise from the front of the dish and the lnb (on dishpoiner this value is from behind the dish)
Azimuth(true) 218.3

Intelsat 907 @27.5w
Elevation 40.5
Lnb 27.2 counter clockwise from the front of the dish and the lnb
Azimuth(true) 215.1
So,to go from Hispasat to Intelsat 907 you need to:
1.Increase the elevation by 1.3 degrees (made easy if there's a elevation scale on the dish)
2.Turn the lnb 2.4 degrees clockwise(there maybe a scale on the lnb/lnb holder)
3.Turn the dish counter clockwise(viewed from above) by 3.2 degrees.This can be worked out as a distance on the circumference of the pole that the dish is mounted on. ie if the diameter of the pole is 80mm then you move the dish bracket on the pole 2.2 mm ( using the equation 1 degree = pole diameter x 0.0087 ) .They'll need to make a mark on the pole that lines up with a mark on the bracket first.
Hope this helps and I've got everything correct!.Cheers

Last edited:

Eusebius Punz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefrontier 30" W - 28,2" E
My Location
Oberndorf
Which model/mk?

Three versions of this box MK1, 2 and 3

AFAIK only Mk3 can handle this S/R value

Might be wrong then please disregard

OOOPs

Forgot to mention you need to load a BISS key also

I use a Technomate 5402 HD CI+ Super + the first Version and it works without Problems.

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jesi,Italy
I agree,all 3 versions of the 5402 can work fine

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
Hi,

I'm getting 27.5w ok at home in Obidos Portugal using GI box supplied by local dealer.

I'm thinking of moving the GI box to a mobile home which has a Magic Sat system which of course does not have 27.5w in it's default list of 7 satellites.

I've found instructions online for adding a new satellite which involves downloading the required software to do the job. The post is seven years old at:-

American RV Club - The friendly club • View topic - Teleco MagicSat Easy Satellite System

where the chap in question (Alan) is overwriting his Sirius settings with his 16e setiings.

He says I quote...

"typed the following in each of the Sirius rows to get 16 east.
11283 Horizontal (H) 27500 5/6 65535 Eutelsat 16 016E 38"

I'm also happy to overwrite the Sirius settings, so can anybody here tell me what I would type into the same rows for 27.5w.

Don't want to mess this up and brick the system.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
@ Ricardo Servet

I'm not familiar with the Magic Sat system but the fact you need to tell it a symbol rate makes me worry that it won't be capable of accepting a SR of 44100 kbps.....

Thanks. It looks like your worries are justified. I tried to input that value using a USB connection and it would not allow them. Maximum permitted SR seems to be 44000.

I've asked the manufacturer and my local dealer, but I'm not holding my breath.

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Thanks MarkW. I've told them very much along the lines that you wrote; seems incredible that the installer can find Hispasat but not make the small change to get Intelsat 907. Apparently he keeps saying "aldo complicado" or similar, my guess is his meter doesn't do 441000 kbps and he doesn't like to admit it and do it the empirical way.....

If I were going to go out and do it (and I may well have to) I'd follow your advice, except that I'd put a pole up about say 3 m from the end of the dish arm, and in line with Hispasat. I'd then measure that distance exactly and calculate how far round a circle with that diameter you'd have to move to achieve the necessary azimuth change. OK, it would be a bit approximate as you'd really need to calculate using chords rather than the circumference but one could allow for that. Set up a second sighting pole on the basis of the calc, and as you say do the elevation and skew (the latter probably of minor importance at this stage). At least it would give one a fairly accurate idea of where to aim, particularly as it's a 1.2 m dish and I've only done 1 m ones up to now.
Yes,I think that idea would work and more accurate than mine.They need to ditch the sat guy.Most of them can only work with one satellite.Before they start playing around all they need to do is put accurate scribe marks on the elevation scale,the pole/satellite bracket and the lnb before they move away from Hispasat,so they can get back to it if necessary.To simplify things ,if the lnb is adjusted correctly(ie peaked signal)you could get away without adjusting it when they move to 907.If you give me the diameter of the pole I could work out the exact movement they need to make,although I'm sure you could do that.And if you post a picture of the elevation scale,that might help.I assume they had the right transponder settings for 907, 11495 V 44100, when the sat guy was trying to do the impossible.Good luck and cheers
ps.Edit Just had another look at you're pole method and I think you need to put a pole down 3m from the satellite pole,sighted along the lnb arm(when at Hispasat),then put 6m into the equation I mentioned and multiply by the degree change,3.2 ccw which igives you 16.7cm...I think.So move dish until you're line up,sighting along the lnb arm until you reach the new point 16.7 cm away.

Last edited:

kota

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo2,Humax HDCI2000,Astra2 1.80m Famaval dish/Inverto Black Pro,Astra1&Hotbird 90cm dual lnb dish,Astra3 1.20m dish,Intelsat 907 80cm dish, Hispasat 60cm dish.
My Location
Sintra - Portugal
has there been a k*y change in the last 24 hours ?? All gone here ...

kota

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo2,Humax HDCI2000,Astra2 1.80m Famaval dish/Inverto Black Pro,Astra1&Hotbird 90cm dual lnb dish,Astra3 1.20m dish,Intelsat 907 80cm dish, Hispasat 60cm dish.
My Location
Sintra - Portugal
Sorry. My mistake. The problem was somewhere else. All good again. Cheers

nwaggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Reply edited due to bad language, and attitude.
Please try to be polite or don't post.
Mickha

Last edited by a moderator:

kota

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sintra - Portugal
what have I missed ? Not to worry but I would love to have seen it and respond accordingly ...

Last edited:

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Thanks for the offer but we don't encourage flame wars either. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is there any epg on the Freeview channels on 27.5W ?

If not, what is shown on the red button channel ?

nwaggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
There is a program list of all channels and the red button as you call it is bbc shows match of the day all goals on a sunday or other bbc progs iam in the uk at the moment but will be back in spain Monday at the moment its a uk life line we hope it stays it gives Gibraltar all uk tv