uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember only the most general of help is permitted on this subject on this forum.

If things start getting too technical the thread will be closed, removed, nuked, vaporised, eliminated, or summat similar :D
 
All the latest images based on openPli are OK for this as long as you install dvbsnoop once flashed, VIX included. Never managed to get it to work with Black Hole images so I gave up on them. At the moment I'm using openATV 4.0 which I honestly think is the best image around for the Solo2.

Also, installing oscam-ymod requires different methods for every given image even though they're all based on openPli so it's better to install it manually but you should know where each of its folders goes to.

The easiest way to get this going with minimum fuss is flashing openSpa 3.1 image. It's got everything you need from their own feed, configs included, almost like plug and play. The only snag is that the default language is Spanish but you can change that to English latter on.

Cheers

EDIT: something I said is not correct. I did manage to make it work with BH but never been able to clear the HD channels AAC-HE sound.

Hi Kota, thanks for the info, very much appreciated (and not a technical reference in sight) :-lol
 
Hello all. Does anyone have any up to date info on the Satalitte 27 deg east I think still transmitting BBC etc in Spain. Is it still transmitting?
 
Hello all. Does anyone have any up to date info on the Satalitte 27 deg east I think still transmitting BBC etc in Spain. Is it still transmitting?
28.2E. Yes, is still transmitting but there have been a lot of changes recently. You might now be living in an area that either needs a bigger dish or in an area that can't get reception at all without an impractically large dish. There are lots of threads on this forum discussing the changes. Has it gone down for everyone in your area or just you?
 
Hi I am in Costa del Sol and yes it is down for the entire area. There are people renting boxes for reception from this Satalitte but am thinking of buying my own. I have 1.3 Dish. Would you know the best box to buy and when last the codes were changed by chance.
 
She's talking about 27.5W ........................ ;)
 
28.2E. Yes, is still transmitting but there have been a lot of changes recently. You might now be living in an area that either needs a bigger dish or in an area that can't get reception at all without an impractically large dish. There are lots of threads on this forum discussing the changes. Has it gone down for everyone in your area or just you?
Is I
She's talking about 27.5W ........................ ;)


Yes I am - just wondered if anything has changed in last few weeks.
 
The TM5402HD used to be the box of choice but now they've come out with a Mark 3 version I'm not sure any more how good it is as it is fairly different now from previous versions.

Just be aware before investing too much money that anything could change at any time and it may go for good.
 
The TM5402HD used to be the box of choice but now they've come out with a Mark 3 version I'm not sure any more how good it is as it is fairly different now from previous versions.

Just be aware before investing too much money that anything could change at any time and it may go for good.
Thank you. Would a 5200 HD work?
 
The TM5402HD used to be the box of choice but now they've come out with a Mark 3 version I'm not sure any more how good it is as it is fairly different now from previous versions.

Just be aware before investing too much money that anything could change at any time and it may go for good.

Yes I know. We are up a mountain so I guess its worth a few quid for a few months maybe. There is only so much conversation you can have with the Deer!
 
Mod. Note: New Topic (from Post # 966) merged with existing.
 
Thank you. Would a 5200 HD work?

no as its sd/mpeg2. go for a Technomate F3/5 or DR-HD D15 as you can pick them up for £99 and they will do what you require
 
........ but now they've come out with a Mark 3 version I'm not sure any more how good it is as it is fairly different now from previous versions.

Just be aware before investing too much money that anything could change at any time and it may go for good.

TM5402 HD mk3 is doing the job with 27.5ºW..........bought mine as a 'hobby tool' as opposed to watch tv channels but certainly lives up to its spec.

But as timo_w2s said '......anything could change at any time and it may go for good'.

That said, chuzupop I hope you achieve whay you want, best wishes from Alicante. :)
 
Good grief no - 27.5W uses a different encryption system.

Forget it - unless they go fta (maybe once a year for a couple of days) you cant watch them so dont get your hopes up.
TM5402 HD mk3 is doing the job with 27.5ºW..........bought mine as a 'hobby tool' as opposed to watch tv channels but certainly lives up to its spec.

But as timo_w2s said '......anything could change at any time and it may go for good'.

Do they change codes very often and are they hard to find when they do?


That said, chuzupop I hope you achieve whay you want, best wishes from Alicante. :)
 
no as its sd/mpeg2. go for a Technomate F3/5 or DR-HD D15 as you can pick them up for £99 and they will do what you require
Thank you
 
Hi I am in Costa del Sol. . . I have 1.3 Dish.

Is a bigger dish for 28.2 East instead of 27.5W a possibility for you?

Its possible to get a heating system if snow and icing is a common problem in the mountains. It's basically like a tape with some wires in it. They are used for various purposes in cold environments, not just dishes, and are well proven. I know there is skiing there though I think it is mainly the very tops of the mountins that is snowy. I suppose there is always the old fashioned and cheap :) way of gently removing it with a soft brush.
 
Hi I am in Costa del Sol and yes it is down for the entire area. There are people renting boxes for reception from this Satalitte but am thinking of buying my own. I have 1.3 Dish. Would you know the best box to buy and when last the codes were changed by chance.

The codes last changed a couple of months ago, and it was several weeks before they leaked.
 
I don't know how advisable would be to buy a system now considering that codes are likely to change for the world cup
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top