uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many houirs of trial and error i finally got it working. I needed to insert the key twice, so that it is 32 Characters long. i have no idea why, espacially because it was working in dvbdream without doing this.
 
Hi all,
I am new to this forum so not sure if i am posting in right section.
I have just been made aware of intelsat 907 as a possible source of bbc channels.
I live in seron in almeria southern spain.
It is not practical to move my existing 1.4 dish(as to move it 80 degrees is not possible due to the way it is mounted).
so i plan to purchase a smaller dish that will be easier to mount.
what size would i need ?
i live at top of the town and have a clear view from roof terrace.
i am going to get amiko mini box.
Is it just a case of plugging it in and aligning dish (i have put up and aligned a few of the old dishes for friends and family before) or would i need anything else ?
thanks in advance for any replies mick
 
^^^^^^

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, you were in the right part of the Forum but as we've already got this long-running dedicated Topic about 27.5W I've moved your query here in order for you to be able to read (good luck!) more about the issue and also to improve your chances of getting a more specific reply :)
 
I guess an 80cm dish is more than enough.
thanks for reply i have had a look at dish prices and i can get 100cm for only 17€ more than the 80cm so i think i will order one of these to be on safe side. I know they say its not the size of it but what you do with it that counts but i think i will be happier with the bigger one!!!!! ha ha
i was going to order the amiko mini hd box but another member recommended the Technomate 5402 do you think this would be better ?
 
Definitely. If you don't need a dual tuner, then Technomate 5402 is the one to go for.
 
Definitely. If you don't need a dual tuner, then Technomate 5402 is the one to go for.

The Technomate TM3/5 also comes highly recommended and is a little cheaper
 
I was channel surfing this morning at 08:30 UK time when I noticed this transponder's signal temporarily fade to 0dB for a few seconds and then shoot up to 14dB over the space of a couple of seconds and then fade out again. It's now been at 0dB for 15 minutes or so with no hint of a signal. Normally I get this transponder at about 8-9dB. Even in very bad weather I see some kind of reading on the DrHD F15. Have I just witnessed a shutdown, transponder failure, uplink error, or has my LNB died?!

Or perhaps they are reconfiguring things for PowerVu on a quiet Sunday morning? ;)

Edit: 08:50 Signal levels now bouncing up and down again between 0dB - 11dB.
 
Last edited:
After 15 mins or so of bouncing signals it's now back to a steady 0dB. Very odd. It's almost like someone is shaking the uplink dish or the satellite is wobbling out of control and occasionally the footprint hits my dish. When there is a signal it fades in and out rather than an abrupt cut off.
 
I was watching DoctorWho perfectly last night but no signal reception this morning in my Technomate and Intelsat 907 BCC as also reported by timo_w2s. No bad weather here during night and this morning. It could mean a problem or a change in the satellite transponder.
 
Yep Deffo down......
 
Just check and all back up !!!!!!!!!!!!! Odd!! And signal strength up as well only a couple of points but is up thanks Timo... got me to look again.

The only problem is my wife is worrying now as Strictly Come Dancing is due to start and god help me my life won't be worth living...LOL
 
Last edited:
The reason for this mornings blackout :

Today, Sunday 21 September at approximately 07:31GMT, IS-907 experienced a pitch error during a scheduled station keeping manoeuvre, resulting in loss of earth lock. Satellite Operations sent commands to recover satellite and restore earth lock successfully.
Intelsat RF and Managed Services operations confirmed C-Band customer recovery beginning at approximately at 08:50GMT, and KU Band beginning at approximately 09:00GMT.
 
Interesting thanks......
 
The reason for this mornings blackout :

Today, Sunday 21 September at approximately 07:31GMT, IS-907 experienced a pitch error during a scheduled station keeping manoeuvre, resulting in loss of earth lock. Satellite Operations sent commands to recover satellite and restore earth lock successfully.
Intelsat RF and Managed Services operations confirmed C-Band customer recovery beginning at approximately at 08:50GMT, and KU Band beginning at approximately 09:00GMT.
Thanks for that! How odd that I would happen to switch over to that satellite just as it starts to happen and witness the whole thing. I think that is the first time I've experienced a satellite issue. 907 is now 11 years old, hope it's OK.
 
ISTR similar transmission characteristics were reported when W2 fell over a few years ago
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top