uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nagusia ..and why I am going to try the LingSat TP listing for @FOB Sky on 11050 H with 17100 SR with luck it might be a stronger signal.
I will report back after my tests as it might help others.
Don't do that cos there's no such signal. @Lyngsat is not up-to-date.
 
Is it anything to do with the fact that the WS6908 is only DVB-S compliant whereas the transponder in question is DVB-S2?
 
Is it anything to do with the fact that the WS6908 is only DVB-S compliant whereas the transponder in question is DVB-S2?
Yes, that would be it.
 
Does anyone know the reason why after 6 months they still haven't changed codes? It seems quite unusual.
 
Waiting for the new PowerVu encoders to arrive? ;)
 
Hehe, I resisted posting something along those lines...

It was launched in Feb 2003 with an expected lifespan of 13 years so maybe they will just wait until they have another Satellite to put it on, maybe one with a more focused UK beam?
 
As far as I know another distribution company took it over from Arquiva. Maybe they have failed to put a procedure in place to update the encryption regularly.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
I have lost the channels. Suspect it might be a local problem as there appears to be no signal level. Can someone confirm if they are still on please? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
All good here...
 
Thanks. Time for some troubleshooting then. Keys haven't changed in many months.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
yep thankfully LOL
 
Yes, Intelsat 907 has been great all summer whilst knocking around the SW of France and Northern Spain in the caravan. I've got the alignment down to a fine art now with the Satlink and an Android app called Satelite Director which really helps when you have to aim through gaps in trees on campsites. The 90 cm dish in the photo cost me 35 EUR and has a detachable arm. Takes about 3 minutes to set up.

DSC_0054.webp
 
I have been asking on a local forum here in Gran Canaria and many people have now lost the signal. I am going to find out about dish sizes, but definitely looks like a change in power or footprint as we were marginal here before needing a minimum 1.2m dish and good LNB. Professional installers preferring 1.4m dishes.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
Someone with a 1.4m dish is reporting they have started to receive the signal again but only at about 58%, so very borderline.
 
BlindFaith said:
...@Lyngsat is not up-to-date.

Lyngsat is in the last few years behind FlySat.In order not to err,prefer not to update their list.Do not expect to update their list as soon as there's a new transponders.Living with his reputation won in the past.
To be mischievous, Lyngsat is a sort of "Museum" of satellites and transponders. After the failure with Lyngbox HDTV receiver since 2007,Lyngsat seems that it is no longer interested in their update list as it was before.I'm sorry that I have to pull such a conclusion :(
Even if it happened that make mistakes,corrected immediately,FlySat is alive and is connected all the time at present. For DXers,FlySat is a must!
 
Lyngsat is a complete list. None of the other sites do that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top