UK Horizons To Close

N

net1

The documentary and lifestyle cable and satellite channel UK Horizons is to close down.

Owned by the BBC and Flextech, a division of Telewest, UK Horizons was launched on November 1 1997. It runs with a staple diet of docusoaps such as Airport and Animal Hospital.

It will be replaced on March 8 by two new channels UK Documentary and UKTV People.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Despite never really watching the channel it still seems a shame to see it go, when it launched I thought it was a bit or a ‘poor’ channel (that wasn’t just because I didn’t like the content) but compared to some of Sky’s current EPG it doesn’t seem that bad.

At least it is getting replaced by two channels, any chance of UK Documentary coming to freeview I wonder (or hope)…

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
PoloMint said:
Despite never really watching the channel it still seems a shame to see it go…
:rolleyes:

Personally, I reckon they should close down all of UKTV!

I have 'tried' many times to enjoy BBC programmes by other means (UKTV) - given that I can't enjoy them first-time round and un-snipped on DSAT anymore. But, those bloody commercials drive me up the wall.)(-red When you know a show didn't have a break in the first place - its hard to swallow one, once its inserted.

Surely, with ten channels to gloat about UKTV should offer a stand-alone sub; i.e., allowing BBC originated content to remain, well, un-snipped :) .......

Have Fun,

Mark.