UK Members, Register Your Mobile/PDA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This site http://www.immobilise.com/ allows you to register your mobile devices and those of the family. In the event of them being stolen or lost, the serial number International Mobile phone Equipment Identity can be passed to the police for recovery and the mobile phone providers for permanent banning.

This is a free service, there is an enhanced version for less than four pounds per year though.

Logged my ipaq today and will do a couple of others later. :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks for that Rolf allowing us to protect our investment in technology, whilst I can see from the yellow url bar on my browser it is a secure site does it not also 'potentially' give folk even more information about us and what we have? I am referring of course to big brother.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it's one of those which is worse scenarios, letting the little thugs get away with your technology and a profit, or letting the authorities have your mobile number and address. I think I'l go with the authorities, as I have very little to hide, certainly nothing they'll be interested in. :)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Thanks for link rolf. Another benefit is the more popular this sort of thing becomes, the more it acts as a deterrent against theft – if it becomes the norm for high end phones to be registered then thieves might be less keen to go for them.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PoloMint said:
Thanks for link rolf. Another benefit is the more popular this sort of thing becomes, the more it acts as a deterrent against theft – if it becomes the norm for high end phones to be registered then thieves might be less keen to go for them.
Have to agree there PM but some of us cannot afford these high end phones we can only afford bricks and they don't want to steal bricks :-doh!