Uk tv in italy...help?

husky321

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 dish tele system digital satellite receiver. pc connected via internet key
My Location
italy, benevento
Hi all, as I'm new to all this I hope someone can help or give me some advice. I'm located in Italy, Benevento. I have an 80 dish with a Tele System digital receiver. I would really like to be able to view all the free to view UK channels BBC1, ITV etc. I've researched but now somewhat very confused. I 've learnt I need to point the dish towards Astra 2d? not sure if this is correct. Before spending a whole load of money on equipment, how can I make sure I will be able to receive these channels? Also, I have come across a few website who provide a Sky digibox and Sky viewing card and they tell me I will be able to view no problem. Is this possible? Thanks for any help and advice. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Astra 2D channels are probably out of reach in your location - you are in a very poor signal strength area indeed - central southern Italy is about the worst area in Italy.

tojo-mojo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400 +tivusat +sky
My Location
Caserta, Naples, Italy
Hi i live in gioia sannitica which is not far from you, i have a 1.4m dish which i am easily receiving itv1 c4 c5 5 usa and loads of other but no bbc1 or 2. I bought a sky hd box from england and applied for a £20.00 free sat card from sky and aligned the dish to 28.2 degrees east and away i went very happy no picture loss even in heavy rain.

hope that helps for you

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
tojo$mojo said:
Hi i live in gioia sannitica which is not far from you, i have a 1.4m dish which i am easily receiving itv1 c4 c5 5 usa and loads of other but no bbc1 or 2. I bought a sky hd box from england and applied for a £20.00 free sat card from sky and aligned the dish to 28.2 degrees east and away i went very happy no picture loss even in heavy rain.

hope that helps for you

Probably for not much longer - those channels currently on the Astra widebeams are likely candidates to be switched over to the Astra 1N spotbeam in a few weeks time.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i am in naples and you will not be able to receive bbc 1 and 2 or itv for free.
we tested a 4 meter dish here and it is too week.
if you want sky uk then thats different.you will need a 1 meter to 1.20 meter dish.
a sky uk box (not a italian sky) a subscription from england.
you can load itv 1 and ch 4 and ch5 but never get bbc 1 or bbc 2 ever.
ralph