Unable to receive certain channels

jannerman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY TV, UK FREE TO AIR
My Location
GERMANY
I cannot receive certain channels , most notably , the baby channel , five life and five us, Russia today and a couple of the movie ones zone horror i think. Bascially it says no signal is being received. I think i have tried everything. I get a near 100% signal strength and signal quality and have no obstructions. I have the freeview card. I live in Germany and have a 80cm dish.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise anything. I've tried the LNB swich off and on etc etc.

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
It is either the box or the LNB having a problem with a certain band or polarity. Can you try another box on the same input to test?

What make and model of Digibox is it? This seems like a problem some Grundig boxes are starting to suffer from.

If you can't test with another box, I'd simply try another LNB as they're not that expensive these days.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Is this a new problem or have you previously been able to receive those channels?

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
Further to my last post, do you have a DECT phone near the digibox. It suddenly dawned on me that these can interfere with the exact channels you can't receive (it was The Baby Channel that reminded me!)