Underworld 170

Guppie73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized 64cm triax dish. Topfield 5000ci, diablocam light v2.3, cas3+
My Location
rotterdam, holland
I have the same problem.
I formatted the diablo, put UW170 on it... Nothing.. everything is working (Digi, Canal Digital Nordic etc) but not Canal Digital Netherlands. I put it to RTL4 for 30 min.. But nothing happens.
I tried to update with a new Key file form 04/04 but no go with that.
Anybody have any idea.
I do have a standard legal subscription to canal digital netherlands, maybe that is working against me ?
I removed this smartcard and still no go.
any ideas anyone ?
Youre help would be much appreciated and i will name my firstborn after you... heheh

Regards
Guppie73

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try a later keys bin file by EMPB, as this seems to work for some people experiencing problems.
If you formatted your Cam nad loaded Underworld 170 Digi TV shouldn't be working unless you manually updated the keys or loaded an amended keys bin file, in which case ensure it's an original keys bin file from Underworld 170 that's been updated.

Guppie73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized 64cm triax dish. Topfield 5000ci, diablocam light v2.3, cas3+
My Location
rotterdam, holland
Hey Mickha,

Thanks for your info.
Digi is/was working with just the UW170 file.. My wife is romanian and if it is not working she will kill me for sure.. so i check everytime i do or change something.. LOL
In the mean time i formatted the cam again.. Put UW170 on it and then i updated the keys and conax file from EMPB.. (it is from his 07/04 update.
In this update he specially mentions all the do's and dont's for Canal Digital Netherlands). I put the cam back in my receiver.. turn it to RTL 4, veronica, etc but NOTHING...
any more ideas.
Youre help is much appriciated.

Guppie73

hogiefatboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DIGITALB
My Location
england
try entering keys manualy i was having same problem found keys in text format entrered them manualy and am on

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Try changing the CAIDS option, go into the Cams menu, Underworld 170, Configuration, Caids File and try changing it to Astra_1.
If you are fomatting your Cam you shouldn't be able to clear Digi TV as the previous Underworld files never contained the latest keys, although I never checked with Underworld 170, and N2 AU no longer works.
After formatting and loading Underworld 170 have you manually entered the latest keys or have you been updating the keys bin file?

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I have strange problem with my Comag SL65/2CI and diablo

If tuned to VH1/VH1 classic channels, after several hours of watching, "Scrambled service" is displayed on screen, and receiver hangs badly, needs to be plugged out of mains and back again to make it work. On other MTV channels (dance, hits, music), I don't have such problem.

Any clues?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It's usually down to an over heating problem if the picture freezes, but I have very occasional problems, on Canal Digital, where my receiver loses the cam, the picture freezes and I don't get the Keys Expired message, if I remove and re-insert the cam it works again, but this has caused problems, a couple of times, when recording.
I find I have less problems if I use the original data and keys bin file and update the keys using the remote option.
If you have two CI slots on your receiver try using the other one, as I noticed mine works better in slot 2 rather than slot 1.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I also noticed that in 2nd slot it works better - takes much less time to initialize. But this is not overheat issua I think, since it hangs only on VH1/VH1 Classic, while works fluently on other channels from same TP (say, MTV Dance).

hogiefatboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DIGITALB
My Location
england
i manualy entered them kept trying to update key bin file with no result found keys on another forum n it worked first time

yusat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Finepass 5000
dreambox 800
sharp hd1e
My Location
turkey
:)Hello Mickha,
Nice talking to you again,
I just received my diablo wireless
(is wifi different?)
and would like to get it going
I have a cas3 so what do i need
to do?
if anyone can help i know it's you.
Thank you

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
There are 3 types of Diablo Cam, the Diablo light, like a normal Cam, the Diablo Wireless, now renamed the Zig-Bee, and the Diablo Wi Fi.
You can see information regarding the 3 different cams at diablocam.com, and download the software for the Diablo Wireless base station.
Just treat the Diablo wireless like any normal cam and load Underworld 170 onto it:
Download and install the Cas 3 software, the latest being 8.6c.
Download and uncompress Underworld 170 and place underworld170.dup on your computer desktop.
Insert you Cam into the Cas 3 and start up the Cas software, click on the Cas Interface Studio 8.6c icon.
Click on the Cam Module tab and the 2 Diablo Cam icons, this starts up the Diablo Cam software.
By default it starts on the Cam Upgrade tab.
Click on the little icon, with 3 dots, at the end of the File Name address bar, navigate to underworld170.dup and click Open.
The traffic light signal should now be green, click Start Update and wait for it to finish.
Once complete exit the program and insert your cam into your receiver.
Using your receivers remote navigate to the cam and enter the following menus:
Underworld 170
Configuration.
Turn Emulators to ON and configure any other settings, if you're not using a subscription card you might want to change Emulators Priority to 1 Emu 2 Card.
For Digi TV you need to manually enter the last known keys, which was Key 01 (Key 96) from 1/04/09.
To manually enter the Digi TV keys enter the Cams menu and the following sub menus:
Underworld 170
Keys
List Keys Edit
Nagravision 2
Digi TV
Key 96
Press enter, or OK, and you get the option of using Hexadecimal or Decimal to enter the keys.
I prefer Decimal as it is quicker.
Hexadecimal is a combination of 16 sets of 2 symbols consisting of the letters A-E and/or numbers 0-9.
Decimal is 16 sets of 3 numbers.
If you have any problems please post back.

yusat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Finepass 5000
dreambox 800
sharp hd1e
My Location
turkey
Woa so much knowledge
thanks Mickha
i should be busy for a few hours now.
Cheers
:-)

jonfr

Reaction score
Website
www.jonfr.com
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 3100 Plus. Dish 65 cm 1W.
My Location
Padborg, Denmark
BombedOne said:
I have strange problem with my Comag SL65/2CI and diablo

If tuned to VH1/VH1 classic channels, after several hours of watching, "Scrambled service" is displayed on screen, and receiver hangs badly, needs to be plugged out of mains and back again to make it work. On other MTV channels (dance, hits, music), I don't have such problem.

Any clues?

I also have this problem. I have C-Tech 3100 Plus. Changing setting and firmware on the C-Tech 3100 Plus does not fix this issue. I think this might be a bug in the firmware of the cam it self. :(

sat velo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky UK + 1.2 Mtr dish
TM 1500
My Location
S Wales
Canal Digitaal Iredeto 2 down on diablo cam, this morning?
Recorded a film OK until 3am. Now nothing.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Also, this cam lacks a heavily advertised feature - streaming of video over wifi!