universal lnbf

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
i have a universal lnbf. i am receiving ku-band signals on it. i want to confirm if i can receive c-band signals on the same lnbf. also the lowest frequency i can set fro sat on c-band-lnbf is 5150 while the c-band transmissions are mainly 3xxx and 4xxx freuency range. what do i do about it

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
No, I'm afraid that you can't. A Ku band LNB is only for Ku band.

If you have a centre feed dish and a traditional style LNB with separate polariser then there used to be available (still available?) a combined C & Ku band LNB.

This can only be used with a centre feed dish, though.

PaulR

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just done a google search and found this h++p://www.daveswebshop.com/rp3.shtml. Not quite what you're looking for as it has 2 separate LNBs on one feedhorn but at least it's for a single dish.

PaulR

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
PaulR said:
No, I'm afraid that you can't. A Ku band LNB is only for Ku band.

If you have a centre feed dish and a traditional style LNB with separate polariser then there used to be available (still available?) a combined C & Ku band LNB.

This can only be used with a centre feed dish, though.

PaulR

What is a centre feed dish. Also is 1.8m ku dish enough to catch signals for c-band. how do i have 2-inputs from c-band and ku-band lnb into the stb at the same time.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
1.8 is probably a bit small, you can use a DiseqC switch to accommodate both feeds, by "centre feed" we mean Prime focus, rather than offset.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
rolf can u explain in detail offset and prime focus. i can set minimum freq 5150 on my stb for c-band lnb however tp can be set lower. please confirm if i will be able to watch signal broadcasts on 3xxx frequency. i have a zenega cd-1005s. what many type of decryption can be possible like conax, niagra, dvb, videoaccess, etc.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
rolfw said:
1.8 is probably a bit small, you can use a DiseqC switch to accommodate both feeds, by "centre feed" we mean Prime focus, rather than offset.

rolf can u explain in detail offset and prime focus. i can set minimum freq 5150 on my stb for c-band lnb however tp can be set lower. please confirm if i will be able to watch signal broadcasts on 3xxx frequency. i have a zenega cd-1005s. what many type of decryption can be possible like conax, niagra, dvb, videoaccess, etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Offset and Prime Focus has nothing to do with frequencies, only where the LNB is situated in relation to the centre of the dish. On an offset dish, the LNB is set below the centre and the signal is reflected onto it from a higher angle, a Prime Focus dish has the LNB fixed dead centre and the signal is collected from directly behind the LNB.

Your available frequencies will depend on the LNB you install, the tuner in the STB only has a limited tuning range, so to go higher or lower in frequency, you install an LNB with a higher or lower frequency local oscillator (this is the bit which brings the transmitted signal down to a managable level).