Unlocking Sony Ericsson W660i

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i have been offered a SE W660i for xmas for my son... its one of them walkman type.

anyway, its on the 3 network, and i wanted it to be on Orange like me and the wife?

is there a free way to unlock it? if not free, does anyone know of a good cheap service?

Raasay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8500MCI, 1.2m dish,
USALS H-H, 2db dual output LNB, SkyStar2
My Location
Southern Europe
Try _www.esato.com for sony-ericsson - if it can be done they'll tell you, else tell you how to do it cheapest

Good luck

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
just as an update to this topic..

after trying online for a week, i got fed up and took it into town to the shops that advertise unlocking for £10

of course its only £10 if you dont own THIS phone...Grrr typical
i nearly walked away then... but not having much option i paid £20 he said do some shopping and come back in 1 hour

after an hour i came back to be told he was having some difficulty and needed to keep it till monday (this was a saturday)

went on the monday and picked up phone, put in Orange sim worked ok.

gave it son for xmas, for the next few days he kept moaning it kept turning itself off and freezing up etc etc

i thought it was him, so i put my sim card in and used it for a day or 2... its useless and he was right, even locked up during phone calls!!

cut a very long story short, the unlocking shop didnt want to know... went to "3" who it was originally on with and still had a warrenty with, they kept the phone and re flashed it or something.... guess what... stuck back on "3" FFS

not long later, its started playing up again :(

now its in the bin.

ive upgraded from my Sony k800i to a Nokia N95, i gave my son the k800i

moral of this story...if you want a phone on Orange, buy it from Orange in the first place!!! :(

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I think the major problem is that it's a 3G phone that has a "fall back" service using normal GSM frequencies. This is fine for 3 network but if you're trying to use on GSM all the time I suspect the phone becomes confused.