Advice Needed Unwarping a dish

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Hi - Checked my 1.8 CM (by stringing) a couple of months back and found that it was 3-4 mm out ...
hardly surprising i suppose - as its around 25 years old as far as i know ..
anyway rather than pulling the sides -- i,v pushed it at the bottom edge ... seems to have done the trick as the strings are now touching again.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
That is good one! Probably, pulling top of the dish back would give more or less same result. Means, there are almost allays more than one solution to solve the issue.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
Hi --
just done a brief test to see how much difference getting rid of the 3-4 mm warp in my 1.8 channel master has made ----
i chose a transponder on Amos 3 @4 west 11389 H 27500 which is quite weak at my location
with the dish in its new unwarped condition i get 6.3 - 6.5 db
if i reintroduce the 3-4 mm warp i get 5.1 - 5.3
so i,m more than happy with the mod on the 1.8 .. i was thinking maybe 0.5 db might be gained :)

A

archive10

Hmm. that is a bit concerning.
remind me again, how much load is there on the LNB mount point? (do you have 6xLNBs with lead-weights attached, or is it just two additioanl C-bands? :) )
In any case, this is probably why anything beyond an RxO CM 18x is fitted with the LNB support affixed to the mount, not just the bottom of the dish...

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hmm. that is a bit concerning.
remind me again, how much load is there on the LNB mount point? (do you have 6xLNBs with lead-weights attached, or is it just two additioanl C-bands? :) )
In any case, this is probably why anything beyond an RxO CM 18x is fitted with the LNB support affixed to the mount, not just the bottom of the dish...

Hi - st1

l.o.l - just 1 k/u twin and 2 C band with feeds -- its been like that for a few years now -- and its an old dish maybe 25 years ...... 1.jpg
Just glad i was able to unwarp it without too much trouble

Last edited: