Upgrade Receiver Software

ahmed_eng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
Iraq
allawee said:
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and have been impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of the members.

Can you please help me. I have bought 3 technosat recievers, TS1100 plus, TS6000 plus and TS5500 supersmart II. I have managed to patch the first 2 succesfully. The thrid one (the TS5500) after patching it, although it detects the presence of a stellite signal, it can't find the channels when I do the search. The first 2 have no probelms and the patches are working fine. I downloaded the patches from the www.dsr website and I have tried the official technosat website for help and download support, but for this model they ask me to email them with my hardware version and having tried emailing them six days in a row, no joy and no replies!!!!. I tried resetting to factory defaults, but again no joy! the recievers remains with the same problem.
Can someone please help me. Thank you in advance.

:-Nooo
hello my dear , make restart ( factory defult ) for your receiver, then re-patch your receiver.
if not work yet , i ask you to insure from the patch software

nv_karma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
television and networking
My Location
India
DISH_TVINDIA said:
i am new in this foram please give me zenega setup-box website.
please link to download ZENEGA CD-1006S SETUP-BOX SOFTWARE I M UPGRADE THE RECIEVER IN NEW SOFTWARE.PLEASE HELP ME.........

Dear All, I think He wants download s/w to his STB.
I need it too. can you help us.
Thanks

asifjee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am a dick
My Location
dijkot faisalabad pakistan
login starswinfo

password pass12

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave T-90/Nanoxx9600/Technotrend TTs2 3200/HTPC
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Hi , I have Powersky 15000 Multi info is ARION $ ASCA_6579_s150ECnc
Database= 0008209
Boot= 0016.1 (ASCS150EC)
I am tottaly new to this and need to know what to do next...
Q1- do i need to download new software/Boot ??
Q2-Which Software/Version should i download? & From where?
Q3-Which Tools Shall i need for flashing from PC to STB and for EDITING CHANNEL LISTS etc
Q4-Which EMU soft CAM's shall i download and
Q5-How to update Keys..
if someone could Kindly provide a step by step Guide /Tutorial for all this I will be Grateful...
thank you
Shak

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Do you really think anyone has the time to answer all that for you and prepare a step by step tutorial???
This is a self help forum where you do the reading learn how to do something or follow the advice of others then if you hit a problem you ask another member for advice. I suggest you use the powerful forum search to find details specific for your stb or at the very least determine if there is any information.

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Hi topper, thanks for replying ...and an honest one ...I totally agree with you.. that its going to be asking maybe too much for ..but maybe this will start something that might help all... let me clarify.. as you can see the hurdles that I face...as i search and learn and collect all the answers... maybe I will put them all together in shape of a TUT ( as you will find for dreambox & Dbox )...so what I really meant was if i could get these answers and as i put that knowledge to test and if that does help me I will put all that I will learn in a simple step by step Guide and maybe that can help other Newbie's.
I have been searching Forums no just this one for my answers but believe me i am still unsure as to what EXACTLY to do...
so far i have leanred that my Powersky is a Arion clone running Arion 1700 Firmware v 6579 and the most recent firmware is ?6887 also my Boot version is old too16.1 .. now what i am totally unsure about is which firmware + Boot should i download...and should i use ARIONER or any other programme ?
then obviously just have to find and flash the cams/ emu files to the right directories...again once i get started trial and error will also teach ..and hopefully when i am done i can make a step by step guide about what i went through and how i managed it ( Hopefully).
so again i would really appreciate anyone's help/ advice/ criticism...and believe you me ... i am really thankful of all the seniors who help out all the starters...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks for your understanding on the matter
I had a search for Arion 1700 and found 33 threads and I have to admit I have no idea what support is available now it may be a good idea to read some of those threads if you have not already. I notice that there are a number of threads in Portuguese there well so if you want to roughly translate one of them copy and past into here But click the arrow to change from Spanish to Porto....Good luck

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
will do.. thanks ..wish me luck

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
i have managed to get some info about the receiver ... but i have run into problems trying to connect it to my laptop via USB to SERIAL adapter....there just dosen't seem to be any activity going on... i connect both of them and run the Arioner program but it isn't picking up .. whether its the COM port problem or something else i don't know seem to be stuck.. Any HELP??

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well to be honest I would not have expected a program like Arioner to know what a USB port was as it was probably written before they were invented, but I may be doing someone an injustice is it possible to configure a USB connection from within the program?. What strikes me is that in the past there were two types of serial leads one standard and one a null modem connector the latter is the most common so I would expect there to be an equivalent in the USB scene as well

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Those adapters are very much hit and miss affairs I'm afraid. Sometimes they work and on other occasions .... nothing. It's a problem which comes up on the forum now and then. If its possible that you can use a PC/laptop somehow with a serial port then that would at least be one problem out of the way. Then you can concentrate on the cable you are using and the software.

2 posts for the price of one LOL.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
We call that a Buy One Get One Free

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
thank you Topper & Jimbo....do you know of ANY way to make this Usb to serial work... or will i have to go and buy a PCMCIA to serial adapter.. again is there a difference between a serial and a Null Modem? please check out this link and tell me if this adapter would hopefully be able to work and is infact a null modem cable.
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220142664410&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012
i tried with another laptop.still didnt work .. yes i dont have a desktop and none of my laptops have serial ports....so i need to have some solid working connection.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I think the PCMCIA to serial adapter will be straight through but if a null modem cable is required you can get a 9-pin female to female converter and link to the 9-pin plug of the adapter.

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
thanks Jimbo.. so what you saying is that adding a DBF9 adapter to the PCMCIA- Serial and then connecting that to the STB.... problem is the STB that i have ..Powersky & Nokia Dbox2 both have female RS232 requiring a male head.... so will i have to add another gender changer at that end of a null modem cable ( which I have is a 9 F to 9 F) if i am making any sense.. forgive me because i am a non technical person... just trying to learn all this because of my enthusiasm...and Thanks for all the help

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Yes a gender changer or a 9F - 9M will do it.

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Ordered one .. now waiting impatiently...this wont happen over the weekend.. lets see....thanks for pointing this to me.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
shaktoo said:
Ordered one .. now waiting impatiently...this wont happen over the weekend.. lets see....thanks for pointing this to me.
Best of luck hope it's successful for you. It's part of the fun trying these things and when they work it's a good feeling and spurs you on to other things. That's how I got into this hobby.:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jimbo said:
it's a good feeling and spurs you on to other things. That's how I got into this hobby.:)

Wasn't footie then jimbo?

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
LOL... i certainly am getting to know that feeling you're talkin about jimbo....