Upgraded viaccess red cam and season interface problem

W

wakksa99

I had upgraded my older version of red viacess cam (477) to 481, and since then I am not able to make any kind of communication between the cam and interface, although I have tried different settings. Does any body know what is the problem and how can it be fixed?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
no, but I wonder why you upgraded something that was already working... These viaccess CAMs are tricky. You could very well find yourself with a CAM that will not work with any pirate card/software. It took ages for a 478-compatible hex to appear...

2old

magomag

Reaction score
My red ViaAccess cam was automatically upgraded via Hotbird.. I had no choice, all of a sudden I received a message: wait, downloading, do not remove CAM. Bye the time I figured out what was going on, the CAM was already upgrading.. I lost some of the channels (VH1, MTV, etc.)..

Any suggestions? How to prevent this from happening in the future, and how to return it back to its original state..

Thanks.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I'm astonished that this can happen "automatically". What kind of receiver are you using? Which frequency/pol/sr were you tuned to at the time?
2old