upgrading from echostar ad3000ip ?

amichaelglg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3000ip
My Location
surrey
I have had the above silver receiver for years and years and yesterday all of a sudden when coming out of standby the led display constantly displays a revolving line in a circle. I gather from reading up it may be the psu. I have come to the conclusion it will probably cost too much to repair so I welcome suggestions on what equivalent replacement receiver to purchase. I have tried removing power from the unit overnight. I've never used anything in the camslots.

Any new receiver must be able to move my dish. Not interested in cam slots although it might be a bonus to have irdeto or future possible subscriptions. What's my cheapest soultion ? ideally watching free digital (only) channels from hotbird and hellas sat.

I currently also have the pace hd box wired off a lnb splitter so sometimes I would move my dish to astra and use the pace hd box simply to pick up bbc hd. This would not change no matter what receiver I buy, but just thought I would mention it.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The cheapest solution would be to buy a V-Box and use your other receiver to move your dish, altermatively once you have a V-Box you can buy practically any receiver you want.

amichaelglg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3000ip
My Location
surrey
If only I could use my receiver.

As I have said my receiver will NOT come out of standby effectively rendering it useless !

amichaelglg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3000ip
My Location
surrey
oh, I have misunderstood your email reply. I have just looked up what a V-Box is.

The V-BOX is purely a positioner unit. So I can then buy any other cheap satelite receiver to pair it up.

Can you suggest a one box solution ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
amichaelglg said:
oh, I have misunderstood your email reply. I have just looked up what a V-Box is.

The V-BOX is purely a positioner unit. So I can then buy any other cheap satelite receiver to pair it up.

Can you suggest a one box solution ?

There are very limited receivers around now with 36v control.

Not sure if they still manufacture this one: _http://www.topfield.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3:topfield-tf5000cip&catid=16:ci-receivers&Itemid=13

Any receiver with DiSEqC 1.2 control will suit as the Vbox mentioned above will move the dish.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There aren't many receivers left that will drive a 36v motor, but the V-Box does the same thing, with the new receiver, you just set up the receiver, using Diseqc, and the V-Box translates this and moves the dish, exactly the same as using your Echostar, which is why I said you can use your Pace, providing it has Diseqc.