Upgrading from single to quad ?

estupendo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just the basic Sky - now exploring other ideas
My Location
Sussex
I have a SKY dish and single connector (Grundig) see picture. I now wish to run a cable to another room (about 4 metres cable run) for a separate TV with own digi box. For my present SKY Digi Box with FreeSat from SKY card I am going to invest in a new Receiver with HD. Was looking at the German TECHNISAT HD but not decided.

So as I understand it, I could use the exisiting dish and replace the Grundig LNB with one with 4 connectors ? Right ? Or is this going to be tricky - I mean taking off exisiting and putting in a new one? If you think its OK which new LNB could I get plus all cabling etc.

Attachments

• satellite.jpg
    satellite.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 46

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
That's exactly right. Just make sure that the Quad is the type for the $ly minidish. For cable you need CT100 or equivalent. Slightly easier to manipulate is the foam filled alternative such as PF100.

Suggest you try our forum advertisers!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Also, it has to be the mark 3 Quad, not the new mark 4, as your dish has the older style thin boom, not many dealers have these now. Southern satellite appear to have the older style, you'd need to confirm with them though _http://www.southernsat.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=234