Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
I have a problem with my db500s

I have loaded official image into box, configured complex diseque. and gone through the usual configuration. In satfind it will not lock on to satellite although the dish is spot on. When going back to the menu display always returns to No diseque selected. I have even tried to set up machine on 1 satellite only but it will still not lock on. Any ideas.

Thanks

Tim.

Providian623

Reaction score
Storm55 said:
I have a problem with my db500s

I have loaded official image into box, configured complex diseque. and gone through the usual configuration. In satfind it will not lock on to satellite although the dish is spot on. When going back to the menu display always returns to No diseque selected. I have even tried to set up machine on 1 satellite only but it will still not lock on. Any ideas.

Thanks

Tim.

Unplug/replug the Dreambox. If that doesn't do it then try reloading the image again. I've had to do this a couple of times before and the reset worked for me as well as relaoding the image. Good luck!

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Providian623 said:
Unplug/replug the Dreambox. If that doesn't do it then try reloading the image again. I've had to do this a couple of times before and the reset worked for me as well as relaoding the image. Good luck!

Great thanks I will try this, I thought I had broken it.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi thanks for the above. the db is faulty apparantly the tuner circuit board has gone, and needs to be sent back to Germany, I have been advised that this will take up 3 months!. No wonder it has taken me 6 months and still not achieved anything,,
Thanks

Tim.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Just a quick question. How long did you wait after starting scan before aborting the search ?
When I'm searching for a lock on hispasat it takes about 2 minutes. For a long time I thought mine was broken.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
whatsthis said:
Just a quick question. How long did you wait after starting scan before aborting the search ?
When I'm searching for a lock on hispasat it takes about 2 minutes. For a long time I thought mine was broken.

Hi Icouldn't get that far I couldn't lock onto sat even though pointing at it. The opening box for Diseque set up kept reverting to no Diseque. As a last resort I am trying one more image, before sending it back.

Tim

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Storm55 said:
Hi Icouldn't get that far I couldn't lock onto sat even though pointing at it. The opening box for Diseque set up kept reverting to no Diseque. As a last resort I am trying one more image, before sending it back.

Tim

I would try a lot more than 1 image, try everyone.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi Tim
Can I ask how do you know that your dish is spot on. Have you checked it with another box ?
With hard to find satellites I use a cheap FTA box (it's lighter up the ladders than a D:cool: and manually move the dish until I get a good signal. Only when I know its aligned do I connect the motor and the DB.
Let us know how you get on.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
And are you using a sat-meter to find the strongest signal before trying to "tune" in that transponder?

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi thanks for the reply.It appears I have been fighting a losing battle. I thought that I was suffering from fingure trouble, but the DB box is faulty. The circuit for Diseque control has failed, So apart from spending 6 months trying, I have now been told tit could take up to two months to be returned. I will have forgotton eveything I have learnt by then.

I am very disappointed with Dreambox in Germany as I emailed them asking for advice, and they didn;t bother to reply.

Regards

Tim.