urgent help please in exchange for...

raymondd

Reaction score
Pace Digibox locked on standby. A solution to this problem urgently will be rewarded.

PPV adult channel accessed briefly with telephone line disconnected. After a few minutes TV then switched to sky sports then switched back to PPV but this time pin number not re-entered. During this time phone line still disconnected. Sky box switched off at mains,phone line reconnected and then box switched on again.

Box is now locked on standby. Forced download tried unsuccessfully.
High pitched noise comes from back of box.

Should an engineer have to come out will they know the hidden menu has been activated or do the "television settings" as well as the other settings return to the original default settings after the box has been switched off at the mains for how long?

If an engineer were to find numbers entered thru a hidden menu what is the likely course of action?

thanx in anticipation

raymond

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Raymond,

What model is the Pace? It sound's like it has developed a fault as the high pitched sound is usually a overload of the power supply.

raymondd

Reaction score
zansi said:
Raymond,

What model is the Pace? It sound's like it has developed a fault as the high pitched sound is usually a overload of the power supply.

Zansi

I think it is 2500-S5 although i can't be sure as i do not know where to find the model number.

thanx

raymond

zansi

Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
Model number on white label on underside of box.

Is it BSKYB 2500s5 ? Have you tried disconnecting it off for 1/2 hour then reconnect leave for 3 mins then press the blue sky button to bring out of standby and hope for the best!

No common faults known on this model, as relatively new.

raymondd

Reaction score
zansi said:
Model number on white label on underside of box.

Is it BSKYB 2500s5 ? Have you tried disconnecting it off for 1/2 hour then reconnect leave for 3 mins then press the blue sky button to bring out of standby and hope for the best!

No common faults known on this model, as relatively new.

thanx Zansi

the model is in fact 2500n. Whether that makes a difference or not I don't now. I would appreciate your views on whether the sky enineer will be able to "spot" the settings change or does the television settings on the box reset to default settings after a period of time switched off at the mains and if they can be "spotted" what's the likely course of action.

raymond

zansi

Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
I would think the Sky "engineer" would not give a damn about the settings, I would be very suprised if he can effect a repair with the fault you describe.

It will almost certainly be a back to workshop.

Maybe time to upgrade to a newer model or Sky+ at the reduced new price with no monthly fee.

Instead of paying the exorbitant £60 call out!

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I think a 400 pound speaking clock telephone bill should more than cover it................brian

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
When using the speaking clock number to access those adult channels,be careful,on the third stroke!

raymondd

Reaction score
zansi said:
I would think the Sky "engineer" would not give a damn about the settings, I would be very suprised if he can effect a repair with the fault you describe.

It will almost certainly be a back to workshop.

Maybe time to upgrade to a newer model or Sky+ at the reduced new price with no monthly fee.

Instead of paying the exorbitant £60 call out!

thanx again Zansi

I will let you know how things go.

P.S. dishdoctor, I didn't use the 123 prefix so thankfully I have no worries on that score.

munted101

Reaction score
I was using the 1471 trick, until my box decided enough is enough, displaying the msg 'spending limit exceeded - contact s*y' !!

After that, I thought ol'well, no-more PPV for me, didn't want to phone them and try and make up some excuse (dodgy phone line or something), anyways, got enough PPV with taquilla, direkt and ticket.

Now, the moral of the story was that, I received a statement from S*y (a new thing apparently) not long back, and it detailed ALL the PPV films I had ordered without paying for ??

So, basically the box doesn't really need to be connected to a phone line to order PPV - as they can obtain your purchase details from your card OTA.

raymondd

Reaction score
thanx for the feedback.
I was not using the 1471 method however the result was the same as I was also billed by sky. Just like you said the card still monitors viewer usage.

A costly error as I had to have a replacement box installed. We learn through experience eh! The upside is my sky remote is now compatible with my new tv.

all the best

raymondd

P.S. I would like to make a donation to the board does anyone have the paypal address?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
munted101 said:
So, basically the box doesn't really need to be connected to a phone line to order PPV - as they can obtain your purchase details from your card OTA.

How?!?!?! If you are using standard SKY equipment this is not capable of transmitting, which means theres no way SKY can have found out that way. You must at some time have had the box connected to the phone line.

Methos.