USA/UK TV 19.2e FTA Highlights (German Audio)

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
WEEK BEGINNING Monday 27th June
WOCHE ANFANGEND MONTAG Juni 27th

Thought I may as well contribute something useful to the forum, heres the highlights of USA/UK FTA German TV for the upcoming week:

Bear in mind almost all of these will be in German :D.

If this has been of any help to you then do please say, and tell me if you want me to try and do this every week. :)

All times are CET (German Time). Alle uhr sind CET (Deutche Zeit)

The "Hauptsender" (Terrestrial/Primary) Channels

The Simpsons - ProSieben - 18:55 Every Day

Star Trek: Voyager - Kabel Eins - 17:45 Every Day

Friends - Kabel Eins - 14:15 - Every Day - (Two Episodes)

CSI Miami - RTL - 20:15 - Tuesday

s_x and The City - ProSieben - 20:15 - Tuesday

Law & Order - RTL - 23:10 - Tuesday

FILM: Rocky V (USA) - Tele5 - 20:15 - Wednesday

The OC - ProSieben - 21:10 - Wednesday

FILM: Sweet Sixteen (UK) - ARD - 23:00 - Wednesday

24 - RTL2 - 22:05 - Wednesday

WWE Wrestling: SmackDown - Tele5 - 22:05 - Friday

FILM: Behind Enemy Lines (USA) - ProSieben - 23:55 - Friday

Xena - Kabel Eins - 12:30 - Saturday

Battlestar Galactica - RTL2 - 15:15 - Saturday

Desperate Housewives - ProSieben - 15:05 - Saturday (and 21:15 Tue)

FILM: American Pie (USA) - ProSieben - 20:15 - Saturday

FILM: Hard Cash (USA) - RTL - 20:15 - Saturday

Eminem, Anger Management Tour Special - RTL2 - 22:55 - Saturday

Will & Grace - ProSieben - 12:30 - Sunday

FILM: The Guru (USA) - ProSieben - 20:15 - Sunday

FILM: Space Cowboys (USA) - RTL - 20:15 - Sunday

Other

DSF - Has coverage of Wimbledon throughout the day, all week.

MTV - Carrying it's usual mix of American shows in English :D

RTL and Tele5 both show Germany's Big Brother

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Have a look at www.tvtv.de !

Glad you are enjoying the new telly channels though :)

Bayern alpha has "Joy of Painting" on every night which is well worth a look. Space night on Bayern & Bayen Alpha overnight can be pretty cool too - I like Earthviews VI on the weekends. (Its run every sunday night since Ive had satellite kit set up permanently about 4 years ago!)

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
Heehee thanks analogue sat ;) Some of that info actually came from tvtv.de.

Thought some of the FM's might like all the top US/UK show times in Germany to be compiled :)

I'll try and do it weekly if the demand is there.

Also cool seeing as I'm semi-fluent in German. :D I'm not particularly confident with speaking it, but I can understand a lot of it.

Some other cool stuff:

- Airport TV (on various regional channels)

- AlpenPanorama (on 3Sat)

- The music vid's on MTV2POP (much better playlist than the UK's channels)

EgyptDUDE

My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
THANKS ALOT
but can u help us on English language AUDIO shows ,on Astra or anywhere else?

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
My Location
For english Audio I suggest you see Dean's posts:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=44396

:)

Unfortunately there is not much English stuff FTA on 19.2e. You will either have to hack or buy a subscription to the French/Spanish/Dutch channels

On Analogue 19.2e Eurosport has an English Soundtrack, on MTV the majority of programs are in English.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'll mainly be dealing with FTA stuff in German Audio...

Basically what I think will happen is Dean will keep you updated on Encrypted stuff on 19,2e, but in English.. Whilst I will mainly focus on stuff anyone can get FTA once a week..

Allways a pleasure to be of help :)

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
My Location
The reason I am posting all of this info is because some people are interested in catching there favourite UK/US Programs in German/any alternative language because:

- To use as a learning/teaching resource. I had a German teacher who used to show us German episodes of the Simpsons once every few weeks as a nice break from work, whilst learning a little bit :p

- Some people find it interesting to compare things such as the different voices.

- For people like me that do speak some German, so it is of interest to us to watch our fave programs. For example, I wouldn't probably "get into" a German Soap even though I know the language, but something that I all ready like in the UK would hook me and I would watch it happily.

- Some people will watch a show regardless of language if they can work out whats going on, on screen. Especially if nothing else is on! It may seem weird, but I did this the other night: I watched one of the latest James Bond films on RAI Uno (Italian Channel), and because I had seen the film before I knew the plot etc, and it was nice just to see all the action and sci-fi sequences.

- Some of the above aren't language dependant (ie. WWE, Wimbledon, Eminem Anger Management Tour)

This is all more of a satellite or language enthusiast thing understandably, if you want propper entertainment I suggest you just get Sky or try to hack one of the few channels on 19.2e which shows English language programing.

:) dvmedia