USB problem

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Gameboy,

You will have to install DreamFlash 2.3b (unless there is a newer one) as you cannot boot from images in USB without a multiboot manager. I assume you can ftp to the DB from the Mac?
If you can then if follow the instructions I gave above (ignoring the most recent on USB format/mount) you should get it going.

As far as telnet (and presumably any similar terminal program) is concerned, it is started from a command prompt (MS-DOS type) as follows:
telnet 192.168.0.24 Return (or whatever your DB IP is)
it responds with: user - you type - root Return
it responds with: password - you type - dreambox Return - and there you are at the Linux prompt! Type: ls Return - (LS) to list the files in the current directory - cd /dir Return to change directory to one called dir (if it existed).
One command that can be useful: reboot Return - I think that's self explanatory!

Let me know how you get on?

With 73 and good luck.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Telnet works OK will try more later - have loaded Zeus.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
USB Stick formatted and now seen by image.

Still having problems with Zeus storing/moving dish.

Have downloaded latest Satellites XML file.

Will have another go tonight.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
USB Stick formatted and now seen by image.

Still having problems with Zeus storing/moving dish.

Have downloaded latest Satellites XML file.

Will have another go tonight.

Can we have the useful info in this thread - from td03-05 - turned into a sticky and then it doesn't drift down the board. . . .?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
haggard said:
Can we have the useful info in this thread - from td03-05 - turned into a sticky and then it doesn't drift down the board. . . .?
If one of you would like to formalise it a bit and glue it all together, we can incorporate it into the Idiot Guide if td03-05 agrees.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi 'sticky,

I'm flattered you think it worthy!
Yes, certainly if it will help people get their boxes going then by all means do what ever you want with it.

Further info on the Hydra Zeus image though. You folks have had problems with sat settings when it's loaded in DB flash. I've now heard of problems with the box not recognising that an HDD is installed, again with Zeus in DB flash!! This does not seem to be a problem with Zeus in USB (not here anyway).
So those of you with PC give FlashWizard 4.5a/b a try and get some images in USB/HDD with a stable DMM image in DB flash.
Don't know if there are many like Gameboy with Mac's but they will have to go the more basic and less 'frilly!' DreamFlash 2.3b route.

73 & good luck folks.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
td03-5 said:
Hi 'sticky,

I'm flattered you think it worthy!
Yes, certainly if it will help people get their boxes going then by all means do what ever you want with it.

Further info on the Hydra Zeus image though. You folks have had problems with sat settings when it's loaded in DB flash. I've now heard of problems with the box recognising that an HDD is installed, again with Zeus in DB flash!! This does not seem to be a problem with Zeus in USB (not here anyway).
So those of you with PC give FlashWizard 4.5a/b a try and get some images in USB/HDD with a stable DMM in DB flash.
Don't know if there are many like Gameboy with Mac's but they will have to go the more basic and less 'frilly!' DreamFlash 2.3b route.

73 & good luck folks.

I Have Anagharad & Zeus loaded in USB and no problems whatsoever. HD nearly full with XXX movies. So no room for images.(lol) Motor working a treat. Loaded these with the old flash wizzard. Havent tried any more images on USB with 4.5.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi John,

That's good. It seems to confirm that the Zeus image only gives problems if in DB flash but is OK when in USB.

73 & TNX

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
BGonaSTICK said:
Old Spice? LOL, yes I'm afraid, so you're not safe yet!

Thankfully Brute-33 has ceased to exist, though if my auntie Peggy were still alive, she'd find some old stock somewhere!

Bought my 128mb stick from here :-

_http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=3958223345&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=59365

for £13.76 (£16.17 delivered). Cheapest I could find anywhere, and it's on the 'working' list from IHAD.

I'm going to post that list here. I'm sure they won't mind, if I credit them.

Well done chaps, very useful.
Thanks for the pointer, I have just ordered one, £16.17 delivered seems good value.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
USB formatted and Flash Wizard loaded - box starts up with the option to load images - only the Zeus image which is in flash show.

How do I load the other images to the USB? Can I FTP them? to where? Then move them? or is there another way?

Ran the satellites xml addon which should have loaded all the birds at 1 west but still only Thor 2 showing when I scan.

Beginning to wish I had left it all working - you live and learn.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, but life would be boring if you didn't create some stinking unnecessary time-consuming Dreambox problem for yourself everyday, and then fool yourself into thinking it's more important to fix than all the actually important jobs on all the other lists of things that need doing, and which your wife keeps nagging you to do.

If you know what I mean.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Mornig 'v'ry1,

Gameboy, you've confused me!!?? Thought you had a Mac and could not run PC programs like FlashWizard?? Also if you are running FlashWizard all admin is done from it's three panels: Config & utils, Install/remove multiboot firmware & Install image to DB flash. You jut select which PC folder the image is in and it does everything else!!
If you mean DreamFlash then I have only ever used it on a DMM image (107 or 108) it may be different using Zeus, not sure. (Other people having trouble with Zeus in DB flash, HDD not recognised as present. Best to put unhacked DMM image in DB flash and never use it you can put all the hacked ones in USB/HDD.).
Normally pressing blue button will bring upn a menu including DreamFlash Admin. You ftp the new name.img file to /var/mnt/usb then bring up the DF Admin menu on DB and select Add New Image - select it - name it - load it - reboot - select it and away you go.

'stick, wodja mean 'fool yourself', it IS more important!!!!!!!!

73, good luck and Happy Easter!