USB - RS232 Adapter

Mac1170

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Stationary Dish FTA Receiver
My Location
Ireland NW
Hi All,

I hope I'm posting on the correct forum and would appreciate any help or suggestions. I recently purchased a Dynamode USB-RS232 Serial Adapter with the intention of uploading software updates from my laptop(XP OS) to my technomate receiver.

Unfortunately the driver supplied on the cd is not being recognised by my laptop because it is not digitally signed. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem?

Cheers Mac

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When you get the warning about the digital signing you normally get the option to continue anyway - try clicking that.

If not, what exactly does the warning messsage say and what are the options?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If you get the driver recognised I'd be interested to know whether the RS232 doe its work properly - I've heard that these don't often work properly.

stubyte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GLOBO 6010 CI Illusionsat M5 W4-5 ; W0,8-1 ; E4,8-5 ; E13 ; E19,2 ; E23,5 ; E28,2-28,5
My Location
Hungary
Hy Mac1170 ,

I use UC-232A adapter. It is a very good.
You need buy this type, or a model with IC [UC-232A].

I'm sure it will be work.

Stubyte

Mac1170

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland NW
Thanks for the replys folks!

When I first install the driver I receive a warning message that the HugePine USB to serial port has not passed the windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. I then continue to install the device.

When I check the hardware device manger properties it tells me the device is not working properly. I've tried to find the 'correct' driver on the net but to no avail. Its a tad frustrating but not the end of the world. I'm really just curious to discover if the software update to my technomate will enhance its otherwise good performance.

Cheers Mac.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Which Technomate receiver is it?

I take it that you have actually plugged the device in?. I have used one of those devices which uses a driver of that name on a Laptop running XP and it did work alright most of the time. I no longer use it now though, as a USB stick or a serial port is much simpler.

winterjo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar,edi
IBM P4
My Location
A
If you have a COM connection use a serial cable that works much better.Never use USB connection longer than 1.5 meters, sometimes arepeter works and dont use a distingution (sorry I think its not correct english, I mean 2 cables)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mac1170 said:
When I check the hardware device manger properties it tells me the device is not working properly.
Which bears out what I've read about USB to RS232 converter leads!

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
I've used a convertor with my laptop to upgrade a darkbox and it works a treat.The only prob is finding the correct com port.It may take a few attempts but it will work.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive got a usb to serial converter for my little weather station. The weather station only recognises the first 4 com ports so you have to do a bit of com port fiddling to get everything running correctly, but it works fine.

Mac1170

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland NW
The Technomate I'm using is the TM 1500 CI +Super. After a bit of fiddling with my settings the laptop is now recognising the device as working properly although the technomate TM Loader software won't upload the software. When I select connect I just get a message telling me to turn on the receiver (which I do) and then nothing happens. Any suggestions welcome please!
Thanks Mac.